AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Since game console manufacturers always need to price the console accessories higher to make up for selling the console at low price, then don't buy the X360 hard drive if you don't agree with the price. Not saying I like the pricing.

If Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all sell the console at higher price but lower accessories price, would we complain? Obviously we will.

The good thing about X360 is there isn't as much need of a large hard drive since none of the games require hard drive installation. I have 120GB hard drive on X360 with several games installed and multiple DLC and there are still a lot of free space. PS3 needs large hard drive because many games require several gigabytes installation each. I don't feel the need at all of 250GB hard drive on X360.

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Gamestop needed to add a listing for used 250GB HDD's. The way that their system is set up, new and used product all essentially falls under the same heading. Gamespot is inventing news out of a simple clerical mishap.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
There's zero indication that product page exists due to GameStop selling used 250 gig hd's traded in.

It specifys new and has a preorder shipping date. Neither would be there if it was just the product page for used trade ins.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Amazon now has the 250 GB HDD listed for $129.99 with a note of "in stock on March 28, 2010".

I'm sure others will complain about the mark-up, but that seems like a fair price to me. I was happy when Amazon had a sale on the 120GB drive for $149 when I bought it. The $179 original price is too much in my book, but 250GB for $130 is okay by me.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not bad, especially since it includes the transfer kit...I was expecting $150.

From the product description:

The Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily transfer your data from your 20GB, 60GB or 120GB HDD to your 250GB HD. It comes preloaded with great HD game demos, videos, and an assortment of Xbox LIVE Arcade game trials.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
250GB for $129 and a transfer kit is very reasonable. Not market price, but this is open market.. its closed end console specific accessories.

I've never understood the high pricing on the harddrives anyways. The more space someone is using on their HDD.. the more they are purchasing and downloading from Xbox Live Marketplace. Either way its going to put more money in to MS pockets.. so why scare people away from using it with outrageous HDD pricing!

Sounds like MS finally figured out it was counter-intuitive to keep the old pricing schemes.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/18363893

I've never understood the high pricing on the harddrives anyways. The more space someone is using on their HDD.. the more they are purchasing and downloading from Xbox Live Marketplace. Either way its going to put more money in to MS pockets.. so why scare people away from using it with outrageous HDD pricing!

Sounds like MS finally figured out it was counter-intuitive to keep the old pricing schemes.

Well said, I also shared similiar beliefs having run out of space before. It's no fun picking which downloaded content or movie you want to delete.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I wonder if this is going to make it into the normal system after the bundles are gone. Nobody will pay $300 for a 120G unit when you could spend $200 + $130 and have a 250G unit. And if the rumor of a $150 360 is true...

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Frank considering the age of the 360 (5th year) and that the console has only been discounted 33% of its original MSRP in its entire lifetime. Definitely expect price cuts sometime between this summer and the beginning of the holiday shopping period.

I strongly believe by October you will see something like:

$149 Arcade

$249 Elite w/250 gig HDD & accesories

Possible 'slim' design

On another topic.. for those interested.. $160 Jasper Arcade with Free shipping from Dell.com get it while its hot!!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1237398

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D /forum/post/18246794

The good thing about X360 is there isn't as much need of a large hard drive since none of the games require hard drive installation.

Just all of them if you want to hear the game. Cue everyone "wear headphones!".

My 120GB has about 20GB left.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable /forum/post/18364673

Just all of them if you want to hear the game. Cue everyone "wear headphones!".

I use the "Volume +" button myself.

I need the 250 for RockBand DLC...

·
Registered
488 Posts
2 questions:

1. does this come with a transfer kit?

2. what is better deal, this for $130 to go on a non-jasper 360 or an 120 gb jasper elite with a net price of $150?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron /forum/post/18363768

Not bad, especially since it includes the transfer kit...I was expecting $150.

From the product description:

The Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive includes a data transfer kit to easily transfer your data from your 20GB, 60GB or 120GB HDD to your 250GB HD. It comes preloaded with great HD game demos, videos, and an assortment of Xbox LIVE Arcade game trials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator /forum/post/18364864

2 questions:
1. does this come with a transfer kit?

2. what is better deal, this for $130 to go on a non-jasper 360 or an 120 gb jasper elite with a net price of $150?

Seriously???

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
But does it come with a transfer kit?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts