AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to pull the trigger and get one or the other. Which will yield the better results? For the amp, I'm going to get a 2 channel for the mains and let the receiver drive the rest. My mains are Def 3006.

The current receiver is a 3805. I want to be able to get the improved audio. I have the Toshiba A1 and the PS3.

Appreciate the input

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkpro /forum/post/0

I'm going to pull the trigger and get one or the other. Which will yield the better results? For the amp, I'm going to get a 2 channel for the mains and let the receiver drive the rest. My mains are Def 3006.

The current receiver is a 3805. I want to be able to get the improved audio. I have the Toshiba A1 and the PS3.

Appreciate the input

Why do you think you will need an amp with 2807 and will not need an amp with 3806? The rated power output of these 2 are not that much different (3806 has 10w additional, which is not significant).

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Ditto what axs said ...

There hardly aint a spit's worth of difference in the two amps sections..a couple of extra watts that the 3806 in the real world isnt gonna amount to jack.

Ive had both and currently have the 2807. The 2807 drives my Von Sweikerts to very loud volumes without any strain at all.

My advise would be that if you have ineffecient hard too drive speakers ( It would help if you could list the effiecency and ohm rating of your def's ) ..then your gonna need/want an external amp ..on the flip side if you have fairly effecient speakers then eithr reciever will drive the heck out of em.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should have phrased my question differently. Should I spend the extra money and get the 3806 or save the couple of extra hundred and invest in an external amp. I guess it is a features for the money question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.