Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which player to get:

DVD-2910 with SDI mod or just the DVD-3910 with out SDI mod?

Under the following system setup, what do you think will perform best?

Projector Z2000 or H78DC3

DVDO VP30

My plan is to use component connections 720p from the player and pass through the VP30 to projector for video (Music DVDs) material using the faroujda processing on the Denon's and use SDI for 2910 or HDMI for 3910 and have DVDO process for film.

I like High Quality audio, since I listen to music as well. I have thought about using an inexpensive player, like Oppo, but the 90dB SN that is specified just doesn't cut it for me.

2910 w/SDI mod is ~$500 less than the 3910.

Any feed back on what to expect? Any other suggestions? I am looking for the best Video AND film solution at a "reasonable" price with good audio. I keep my equipment for a long time. I do not continuously upgrade.

I think I am leaning toward the 3910 because I can get 6-channel audio via HDMI (I believe), but I do watch more film than video or DVD-A. I do not believe I can 6-channel digital audio through the 2910 HDMI. According to the 2910 thread, one believes it is stereo support. THe Denon website says both support multi-channel audio via HMDI. I cannot get Denon to answer me specifically on the 2910 6-Channel support. Maybe they consider stereo (2-channel) multi-channel. Of course, 2 is multiple channels...

There are also warranty issues to consider as well. An SDI modded player also voids Denon's warranty - correct?

Any help or comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
They both use ESS Vibrato II MPEG decoders, so the only major differences will be in audio quality and user-friendliness.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.