AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought used Toshiba 55VL963 3D TV and ONLY source correctly displaying 3D content is Fuji W3 3D camera.(3D test screen is working correctly). Neither Youtube 3D videos (which were playing 3D on cheap Blaupunkt 3D TV - so it is not HDMI cable problem), neither 3D TV over subscription internet TV (which were playing 3D on before mentioned Blaupunkt with only resolution issues) , neither USB saved 3D movies are playing - I just having two SBS images and I can't even manually switch to 3D . But I can go into 2D Format Select Option which is only not greyed out and choosing Side by Side format change from two images to normal one image on full screen. Most interesting thing is that 2D to 3D option is greyed out as well - so I can't even convert 2D to 3D. Thinking that it is motherboard issue I bought and swapped ALL internal boards with no success. Firmware updated. Have no clue what to try next. Most confusing is that 2D to 3D conversion not possible - it rules out all resolution, HDMI cables, format issues... Or just bad coincidence that second motherboard has the same issue??

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
What is the resolution you are feeding your 3DTV from the PC? I believe it has to be a standard video format (480p, 720p or 1080p) rather than a "PC" resolution to allow the 2D-to-3D conversion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought used Toshiba 55VL963 3D TV and ONLY source correctly displaying 3D content is Fuji W3 3D camera.(3D test screen is working correctly). Neither Youtube 3D videos (which were playing 3D on cheap Blaupunkt 3D TV - so it is not HDMI cable problem), neither 3D TV over subscription internet TV (which were playing 3D on before mentioned Blaupunkt with only resolution issues) , neither USB saved 3D movies are playing - I just having two SBS images and I can't even manually switch to 3D . But I can go into 2D Format Select Option which is only not greyed out and choosing Side by Side format change from two images to normal one image on full screen. Most interesting thing is that 2D to 3D option is greyed out as well - so I can't even convert 2D to 3D. Thinking that it is motherboard issue I bought and swapped ALL internal boards with no success. Firmware updated. Have no clue what to try next. Most confusing is that 2D to 3D conversion not possible - it rules out all resolution, HDMI cables, format issues... Or just bad coincidence that second motherboard has the same issue??
Like in most cases the problem was very simple but hard to believe - faulty remote. I was using replacement remote and pressing 3D button on it had no effect. ( I was going into 3D setting were I found 3D option greyed out.) I was setting up another Toshiba 3D TV -47VL863- and using original remote control witch turned on my 55VL963 as well. Pressing 3D button on original remote brought up 3D options - 3D-2D-2D to 3D and Voilà - everything is working as it should be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts