AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks a lot like Fight Night.

Since EA Chicago went under I'm hoping this can be all that FN was and more.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The early build screenshots of the game are pretty bad, I think I will just stick to Fight Night because I despise Don King.

Sorry for the huge size.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/12883091

I won't pay for a game that has Don King's name anywhere on it. I do love a good box game though.

glad to hear I'm not the only one repulsed by a Don King game. I really fear they will try and attach his name to the boxing games from now on like they do with Madden and football.

Don King??? really? they think that name will help bring people in to purchase this game. Couldn't get a boxer to endorse your game? George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, all those light weight big name boxers.

I would even go as far as to get Mike Tyson before Don King. But I would totally make the game a hilarious mockery. All voice overs to be done by a Tyson impersonator in that high pitched squeal would be hilarious.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I personally couldn't care less who's name is on it. I just hope the game is at least as good as FN3, and if it is I will get it. It would be icing on the cake if Tyson is in it and his taunt would be "I'll **** you till you love me" while grabbing the crouch.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man /forum/post/12888285

the screen shots don't look that bad to me

Those are the new screen shots that just came out my post had some early build ones in there. I will say 2K has polished it up quite a bit, but for the life of me I just cannot see in any way contributing to Don King.

If you want to know a little more about him and his past:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Kin...ng_promoter%29

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Yeah I agree with the whole Don King sentiment. I will not be a part of knowingly putting any money in his pocket.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim /forum/post/12896148

I personally couldn't care less who's name is on it. I just hope the game is at least as good as FN3, and if it is I will get it. It would be icing on the cake if Tyson is in it and his taunt would be "I'll **** you till you love me" while grabbing the crouch.

love the FN3 here myself. hehehe the wife hates it when I fire that game up so you know it has to be good.

I prefer the Tyson quote "I'll eat your children" but again he is the resource they should have tapped for the game and fully exploited his insanity. He'd go for it because he needs the money badly these days.

I need my crazy face tat achievement!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately, the Don King name will probably turn some people off.

However, since this game is developed by 2k Sports, you know it's going to be a quality sports simulation.

Fight Night was fun and entertaining, but the flow wasn't realistic whatsoever. And that's the problem with most EA sports games. The flow is just...OFF.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man /forum/post/12888285

the screenshots dont look that bad to me

They look a little too plastic like, especially the first screenshot. Doesn't really matter though as I'm sure they will improve.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Fight Night was a horrible boxing game that looked amazing. For serious fans of the sweet science it left a lot to be desired.

While I'm not thrilled with Don King's name, King is still the biggest promoter in boxing, and if that means bringing his stable of boxers to the game, so be it. More importantly since 2k is doing it I expect a serious effort of capturing the feel of a real boxing match, something that has been sadly lacking from Fight Night from day one.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Who cares about the name.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM /forum/post/12942345

Fight Night was a horrible boxing game that looked amazing. For serious fans of the sweet science it left a lot to be desired.

While I'm not thrilled with Don King's name, King is still the biggest promoter in boxing, and if that means bringing his stable of boxers to the game, so be it. More importantly since 2k is doing it I expect a serious effort of capturing the feel of a real boxing match, something that has been sadly lacking from Fight Night from day one.

FN3 was a arcade fest.. How many special punches were there again.. The parry system.. & the fighters never tire.. The sweet science dumbed down..

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM /forum/post/12942345

I am not a boxer so I can't really tell how realistic the game is, what I do know is that it is one of the most enjoyable 360 games I have ever played. Can you maybe point me to a better alternative?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts