AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2nd Mits SRhd400 Satellite rcvr has died exhiting the same exact failure symtoms that the first one had. It seems like the HDTV reciever section dies, indicates 0 signal level for satellite inputs and OTH digital channels. Only the Cable input section still works. I will be swapping it out at my dealer again early next week.

Anyone experience this?

Stu

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mine works okay, but get real hot.

I believe it is the power supply to power up the sat. dish.

They could have made it more effiecient, for less heat.

It produces DC power for the dish, what do you have connected to it?

Then you say, no OTA? but cable.

I assume you did the obvious and switched OTA and cable into both inputs?

Why I am curious is that no OTA? but cable?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Stuart--

It is impossible to tell from your post just what you have connected to which STB input.

Try connecting only the satellite feed directly from the multiswitch to the Satellite In input of the STB and the antenna feed directly to the Antenna In input. If you are using a diplexer, bypass it. You might have to change your settings in the set up menu.

If this solves your reception problem, leave it as is and connect your cable feed directly to the TV.

You might also do a soft reboot -- SAT, ACTION, POWER -- and allow the guide to download.

------------------

Bill Brenner

[This message has been edited by wjbjr (edited 08-26-2001).]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the box again. I swapped in my cheap receiver and it works fine. I have cable hooked up to the Ant conenction and have my OTH diplexed onto my Sat In conenction. This exact problem occurred with my first reciever. I walked through all the reset steps with Mits Cust Service and I have already visited my dealer and will be recieving a new box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.