AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it better to get a second dish or a expensive multiswitch to achieve 8 lines int the house? second dish would provide direct connection....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have been through 3 E* multi switches in a relatively short time. But I doubt that is normal. At this point, the only thing that comes to mind is Florida lightning storms or heat shorting the switch over time, but storms actually have been fairly scarce this year.

The direct connect should actually provide a slightly improved signal strength, but absolutely DO use a grounding block! Even if you need to drive a long metal spike into the ground as a last resort!

A multi switch is usually preferable because most folks don't want a dish farm on the roof. But in some cases, E* programming might require 3 or 4 antennas! But I doubt there are 10 people in the country who actually need 4, or dare I even suggest 5? If your locals are temporarily on the 121, but I don't think the switches will support 5 positions.

I'm just glad my D* provides 99% of my D* programming all on 1 dish without a switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.