AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me if there is a DirecTV SAT/DTV receiver only available? My primary receiver is HD (Hughes E86) with an HDTV. I want to install a 2nd receiver on my other television. I just want SAT (DirecTV) and DTV (local digital stations). I just bought the Hughes E45 and realized it is SAT only.. darnit!

·
Registered
957 Posts
As far as I know the only way to receive the digital channels is with HD OTA receiver. I believe your only other option is a PC DTV card.

Rick

------------------

RJW

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tburton,

Yes you can purchase a second or as many recievers you wish.

With the Directv-plus dish you can install upto total of 4 recievers. For non HD sat reciever for Directv it's called dss reciever. All video and hi-fi retailers should carry them, they are now very cheap. There are so many manufacturers that make them. From Sony,RCA, etc.

Now for DTV channels you will need an ota off air uhf antenna, to recieve local dtv hd from your local affiliates.

Now you said, you just purchased a hughes e45? You can also install an antenna on that reciever but it's analog.

To clarify, if you want another reciever that can pullout both sat and dtv, then you have to get another hd reciever.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.