AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good Riser Kits to purchase for 2nd row seating?

If not, I'm going to build my own but for convenience I am curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

Thanks
A kit? Never heard of that one before. The best "kit" is the one you build for your room and specific needs. You can use the Riser calc to help with sight lines and determine the height.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Thanks

4seating.com has them. I've never ordered anything from them, and couldn't tell you if they're any good. I was looking at seats and noticed they sold the riser kits too.

I agree though... build your own. In the end it will fit the space better.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
2x12's make a nice riser. Just frame a big box and fill it in every 2' at a minimum. Then build a step out of 2x6's in the same fashion. Cover the top with plywood and put a floor on it. I carpetted mine and had never done carpet work before, home depot sells carpet or you could have someone come in and do it for you.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Okay, now I seen a kit, but, you'd have to change the requirements of your room to fit the riser. Op should just make his own, it will be much less expensive and you can make it the way you want/need. :)

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,742 Posts
I've found plenty of riser kits on aisle 4 of Home Depot.

It comes on two carts, some assembly required, not eligible for Amazon Prime two day shipping. While we were there we grabbed a few sheets of drywall to finish the soffit, doesn't every body grab a few sheets everytime you are there? Needed a couple of those pre-curved sheets of plywood, they are on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts