AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 Channel Master Sat C kits still no joy! The other two sats come in fine, but no signal found @543 or 90. Tried all the forum tricks that I could find here. The Sat C kits all install so easy, a baby could do it. (DTC-100) Regular Showtime and HBO HD are all fine. Still no signal on tp 08, 10, 12 ,as described in these forums. A buddy across town got the 3rd kit we had, and it installed w/o problem on his setup. And, he didn't even call our local Mohave Coop to activate 543, as it was just there!(for some reason we don't deal directly with DTV here)

I'm at a loss as what to do next. I see alot of listings for similar troubles. Maybe after a while something will show to explain it all. But for now, maybe I'll see about getting a "professional" out here to take a gander. Unless there are any other ideas out there....

Hoonose

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Try going to RCA's site for your Dish pointing settings instead of using those provided by your satellite receiver.

I had a similar problem when I used my Zenith's recommended settings. Once I aligned my dish with the RCA site's settings I got a Sat C signal.

I wasted an entire day banging my head because I had done EVERYTHING right: except coming to this forum first (someone here helped me with the same advise).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hoonose, Do you have the 18V SAT-B coax connected to the coupler input, along with the SAT-C coax, and the coupler output connected to the 18V terminal on the multi-switch where the SAT-B coax used to be? If you connected to the other SAT-B connection, you won't get the signal from 543 and 90. Also, do you have your DTC-100 set for three LNB's?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My first SAT C kit had a bad coupler...after that was replaced all was fine....try going direct to your multiswitch without the coupler......

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Here is the on-line DirecTV dish pointing info:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/DishPointerServlet

Did you verify the cables are not damaged, e.g. is the bare wire bent inside any of the F-connector openings?

I would also try going into the multiswitch (or receiver itself) and eliminate the Sat C combiner. Of course, you will only get signal from the sat's you are connected to, but at least you may be able to verify if the Sat C LNB, cables and your receivers ability to get Sat C are Ok.

If you do try just Sat C & Sat A, (not using the combiner and the Sat B signal) you should be able to get ch 90 & 100, but not 400. Press the info button when on ch 90 for verification of Sat C, as it has no picture or sound.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the website, I'll try those numbers when I get home. As for bypassing the splitter, I tried that with my 1st kit, but not with the 2nd. I'll give that one another go when I head home.

Thanks for the help!

Hoonose

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a DTC-100 as well and ran into a similar problem. I reset my dish to a single, round so only programming from the 101 satellite came in. Then changed it back to the oval and 3 lnb. At that point 90/543 popped up. Someone posted this in an earlier thread, it only seems to affect the RCA units.

thanks, nick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I read that too, and already tried that, without success.

I'll do it again, since the 2nd Sat C kit is up there now.

Thanks.

Hoonose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.