AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon 2802, 3 M&K LCR-45's across the front, and a NHT SW2Si subwoofer located in the back corner.

LCR-45's seem to drop off around 100hz, so I tried setting my receiver crossover to 100hz (Denon allows this). But setting it to 100hz makes my subwoofer sound too directional - I can easily localize it.

Since I can't move my NHT sub due to WAF, I came up with this idea to fill in 80hz to 100hz using a 2nd small sub placed hidden in the front and set the receiver crossover at 80hz:

I have an old Sherwood compact subwoofer sitting around, so I connected receiver's L & R pre-out to the sherwood sub, then set the sub's crossover at 100hz, so theoretically this should fill in sound between 80hz and 100hz. BTW, my speakers are connected directly to the receiver.

This odd setup seems to sound pretty good, but I got a couple of questions for you experts:

1) I don't have the receiver's Center pre-out going to the 2nd sub. Am I missing a lot by only covering L & R? How much sound between 80hz and 100hz is normally produced on the center?

2) Am I doing something stupid here? Is there a better alternative? I thought about just splitting the LFE and feed them to both subs and set the receiver crossover at 100hz, but I'm leery about the performance of the sherwood sub covering full lower range.

Thanks!

-marius

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.