AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the process of buying an Orion HCCA 10 inch subwoofer. I have a soundstream tx1. 2600d amp which is plenty of power for this 1500 watt RMS sub. I was wondering if wiring it at 2ohm or 4ohm(amp will only allow 750 at 4ohm) will make the sound quality ACTUALLY noticeably worse at 2ohm?? I can either buy the orion HCCA 10.2(which can be wired at 1ohm or 4ohm) or the 10.4(8ohm or 2 ohm). the amp cannot supply power at 8ohms so im stuck wondering what i should wire it at. Remember i want BEST NOTICEABLE SOUND QUALITY!!!! Thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Actually your amp will do about 300 watts in an 8 ohm load.

Class D for car audio has come a long way even in the last 5 years. Class D are low impedance friendly.

The thing I would do is get the dual 4 ohm sub. Wire it for a 2 ohm load. If you find that the single 10 is not enough, you can get a second orion sub and wire it parallel for a 1 ohm load. This doubles your woofers for a 3 db increase and it doubles the power from 1000 to 2000 yielding another 3 db for a 6 db increase from the single 10.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts