AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moving soon and new home does not have appropriate space for the big Caps (see pic for other reason (;)). Selling VERY regretfully...I've absolutely loved these subs and they've performed flawlessly since I purchased them from Jeff in 2012.

The Caps are wired to present a 2 ohm load to the iNuke which delivers 1,500 watts to each sub without complaint. I swapped out the fan in the iNuke for a much quieter, home-theater-friendly version that moves nearly as much air but without the racket of a pro-amp fan.

Subs are located in the Tampa Bay area. Local pickup HIGHLY preferred. Have grills and original shipping boxes as well. Comes with a pair of 20 ft Speakon cables.

*SOLD*

Attachments

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
WOW --- fantastic subs! good price!

They need a more powerful amp though. You only had them running at about 1/2 their potential. That iNuke only delivers about 1K watts, not 1,500 as advertised. (still fun, but you are leaving a whole lot in the tank). When I upgraded from a iNuke DSP 3000 to a Crown XLS-5000 the difference was huge on my pair of caps. Same for Gorilla83 --- like 5-7dB more with the pair than a iNuke DSP 3000.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW --- fantastic subs! good price!

They need a more powerful amp though. You only had them running at about 1/2 their potential. That iNuke only delivers about 1K watts, not 1,500 as advertised. (still fun, but you are leaving a whole lot in the tank). When I upgraded from a iNuke DSP 3000 to a Crown XLS-5000 the difference was huge on my pair of caps. Same for Gorilla83 --- like 5-7dB more with the pair than a iNuke DSP 3000.
Thx, Archaea.

Yep, further evidence of them being babied...I don't think I could've over-stressed them even if I wanted to with this amp! But I just loved the built-in DSP option, which, together with an Omnimic (or other real-time frequency analysis tool), makes it quite easy to dial in a flat response. It was also one of the few (the Crown you referenced being another) that was 2 ohm stable without heat issues.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope you get it... Got less than half this for mine
Less than $1250 for a pair of Cap 2400s?? :eek:

Not a chance I'd sell them at that price. I'd find a way to fit a square peg in a round hole before donating the Captivators, lol. Were they on AVS classifieds?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hence why I greatly prefer local pickup for these beasts. Probably the only economical way to ship is if you have access to a business address/freight dock. I recall shipping somebody an Epik Empire years ago for "only" $150.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
This is a great deal for someone. Try Craigslist and I think you can even do a Ebay local. You could ship them if buyer pays if you still have the shipping box's they came in. Just make sure you put them on a pallet and insure them.

Another thing that I have seen people do on here is put them for sale in your Sig, so every post you make people will see it.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Just to add to the shipping information. I don't know about UPS, but Fedex is really starting to upcharge the customers for larger size items....weight be damned. As mentioned yesterday about shipping two realtraps. I shipped two acoustic panels from ACS today...they were tall...at 66 inches. BUT, the weight was about 40 pounds. So not heavy. I was thinking if it was a 40 pound receiver, it would be about $50. Due to the size of the box, I was thinking $100. Man, it was $164 to ship this 40 pound item via Fedex ground. I am wondering what the hell they would charge to ship a JTR Cap? Can't imagine the combined size and weight.

To the OP, I would take the measurements and weight to Fedex before using any of their on line tools to determine shipping for a large bulky item.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sold! Thx for looking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts