Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my setup is a denon 3313ci receiver with all klipsch speakers:
rf-7 II mains
sw-310 sub
rc 64 II center

My brother has a equal system with B&W.

Klipsch can jamm bigtime.B&W peak early while the Klipsch's just start to shine.

For movies and such the B&W's shine bright,there quick and fast,where'as the klipsch's just drumm by.

for pure listening enjoyment the B&W's are prolly better for there low level sound.Its great!

But if you want to really jam, Klipsch is the way to go.

Ive hit the 90% mark with this setup and its still crystal clear,its just to loud to turn up any higher.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Do you guys have matching rooms? Rooms affect the sound immensely. I'm sure that there's a lot you'll hear just being used to the setup, but the room will greatly affect the sound you hear. Trust me as a guy that took the same setup from one house to another and the sound was vastly different. I had to add 9 acoustic panels and a bass trap to correct the room. And honestly I think there's still more I could do to the room.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my room is about 12x20
my brothers is about 15x12
we both have 7.1 also
@ promike the 3100 is the sub rec'ed for my system.what do you refer to? @RayGuy and dkfan9 ,i dont get this..the sound quality off the klipsh are awesome.does 1 type off music sound better on one or the other?yes.. @theskin44 im not sure on the model of the b&w's but they are about the same price as my setup.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Roppee: Speaker selection is highly personal and very subjective. The only thing that matters is how you enjoy your system.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean anything against klipsch. I haven't found a sound I like more than the klipsch sound overall (though I haven't heard many super high end designs, and b&w makes some very nice sounding speakers in the mid price range). I was more saying the klipsch delivers high quality at high quantity (volume). Klipsch value increases as volume increases in my experience (and that was the impression I got off your experience as well).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, I didn't mean anything against klipsch. I haven't found a sound I like more than the klipsch sound overall (though I haven't heard many super high end designs, and b&w makes some very nice sounding speakers in the mid price range). I was more saying the klipsch delivers high quality at high quantity (volume). Klipsch value increases as volume increases in my experience (and that was the impression I got off your experience as well).
Yes you are about spot on.Sorry if i missread what you wrote befor:)

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
my room is about 12x20
my brothers is about 15x12
we both have 7.1 also
@ promike the 3100 is the sub rec'ed for my system.what do you refer to? @RayGuy and dkfan9 ,i dont get this..the sound quality off the klipsh are awesome.does 1 type off music sound better on one or the other?yes.. @theskin44 im not sure on the model of the b&w's but they are about the same price as my setup.
That sub is totally inadequate for the RF7s.

Check out, SVS, Reaction Audio, PSA, HSU, Rythmik and look at any of their ported models. Even the smallest SVS will outperform the Sw310 for movies.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sub is totally inadequate for the RF7s.

Check out, SVS, Reaction Audio, PSA, HSU, Rythmik and look at any of their ported models. Even the smallest SVS will outperform the Sw310 for movies.
You are prolly right but i hate to ditch a 500$ sub..would another sub par good with this one for 7.2?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts