AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you can stretch budget a bitmore the 70uq17u from sharp is $3299 otherwise the 65f8000 from samsung is very nice, if your looking for gaming on a good TV the Sony 65w850a works well and picture quality is pretty nice too they have good pics in all 3 threads here. Good luck

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is almost exactly the same budget my wife gave me. I think I get $3500 to spend. I don't know what I want to do. I don't really want to wait until the end of summer to see the new vizio P series either..... I am also a gamer and it sounds like the high end samsungs for this year have a lot of input lag.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If your a gamer then I'd recommend the Sony 65w850a it's got a good picture and has 18ms displaying Wich is some of the best ever for televisions. The Sony 55w900a has an even better picture with a great 19ms display lag but it's harder to find in store now you would find it easier online.

·
Registered
14,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covfam  /t/1525381/3-000-to-spend-which-tv-would-you-buy#post_24558733

The problem with Vizio is that it's never been stellar with gaming lag and Sony is the reigning champ atm.

Reigning champs are always all eventually dethroned - the real question is how long you can afford to wait before pulling the trigger on a new TV. 2014 Sharp's are available now, many of the other 2014 models including Samsung and Sony should be available soon, Vizio P may not arrive until late summer...

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
The Samsung 75F6400 is now on sale for $3000. I paid $4k and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you're going to spend $3k and not going UHD, I would put the Sammy F8500 in the mix. That's what I would buy if I were getting a 1080 set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts