AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about set on purchasing a receiver, narrowed it down to Onkyo NR609 or the Denon AVR1912, CNET review says the Denon sounds a bit better than the Onkyo and has a few for bells and whistles (Airplay) but is it worth $150 more than the Onkyo??

Now for the speakers, I was set on getting the RF-82II's and in time matching with RC-62II center and I have no idea which subwoofer would sound good with this set up.

But my question for you guys is if im going to be spending around $1100-$1400 on these speakers is there anything better for the money im going to be spending and will either of these 2 receivers be ok for what im wanting to do. This will be my first HT setup, trying to do it so I wont have to upgrade for what I want for a very long time. I am wanting a setup that is balanced between music/movies, I listen to pretty much only Electronic Music with a heavy bassline but also great vocals.

Thanks in advance. I have tried to seach and search these forums without asking this question but I value alot of your opinions and would like to know what you guys think.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
cnet would be the last review company I would listen too. the only reviewer I would listen to, are your ears, buy what you like the best. sound is subjective. Id suggest that you check out the Monitor Audio Silver line and also the Focal 700 line, if you want something thats a little bright, but not as harsh as Klipsch.

As far as receivers, I would buy up. Look at www.accessories4less.com and you can get more receiver for your money, which your spekaers will love.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Music Direct has a demo clearance on Wharfedale speakers the EVO 2-20 tower is $499-$539 depending on finish and the matching center is $239. Original price was $1200 and $600 for these items a real steal. They are making way for a new line. $1800 worth of speakers for a little over $700 gives you an option to get a better sub. Check the demo section to find these speakers.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzack02 /forum/post/20862884

How reliable is Acessories4less.com? i see they have the nr708 factory refab. receiver for $399 thats like $500 off retail price... I dont want to buy a lemon receiver

All their receivers have a 1 yr warranty, they are a very reliable website, and an authorized retailer for all the products they sell. you can buy with confidence from them.

also like class a said, I'd much rather get the Wharfedales from music direct over klipsch speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.