AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Toshiba Canada to ask if my 50HX70 was manufactured after Jan 21/01 (sticker on set says JAN 2001) to find out if it does include the 3:2 pulldown feature, this was their response:

Hello

In response to your inquiry, it would appear that your set was manufactured prior to Jan. 21st. Our Product Manager informs me that we are awaiting the software to come in that will perform the upgrade on your set. Once we have it, we can arrange to do this through an in-home service call. No date on arrival at this time. Suggest you check back with us at the end of the month.

Regards,

Norma

Customer Service

I WILL POST ANOTHER MESSAGE IN THIS FORUM ONCE THE SOFTWARE IS RELEASED.

Rudy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thank you for the update. So, Garry was telling the truth. I will try calling the US Toshiba later this month for my Sep 2000 made 56H80 for upgrade.

I don't know if I should speak up. comparinging this forum with another one (which I don't want to mention by name), for the same topic Garry posted about this issue, we get so many positive reaction from this site. On the other forum which I used to visit quite often but not anymore, the people were so negative and accusing members for hiding information. I was so scared, and I think other were too, to post any positive respond. I think I will stay here.

[This message has been edited by Victor C (edited 05-16-2001).]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello Rico, could you let me know the email address you used. I'm in Montreal with one of the Tosh TP61h95. This was the first generation toshiba hdtv ready set. I was planning to put together a HTPC but if there's the slightest chance of the 3:2 deinterlace software being applied to my set , I would completely scratch any idea of a HTPC.

Regards

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The email address for Toshiba Canada is:

[email protected]

I don't think they can incorporate the 3:2 pulldown into your set since it doesn't have the Improved IDSC(Intelligent Digital Scan Conversion). Atleast that is what I heard.

Rudy

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have a Toshiba 65H80 manufactured in "January 2001." Am I to understand that I just missed the cutoff for this 3:2 pulldown thing? How can I tell by looking at my TV?

Just how, I wonder, is the guy doing the service call going to upgrade it? And, what would it cost?

Talk to you guys again soon

-Tim

------------------

Remember to e-mail ESPN, Fox Sports Net and The Discovery Channel often, requesting HDTV.

Click here to e-mail ESPN

Click here to e-mail Fox Sports

Click here to e-mail Discovery Channel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.