AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be picking up Awakenings.

Random Hearts might be the worst Harrison Ford movie ever.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/19584483

Will be picking up Awakenings.

Random Hearts might be the worst Harrison Ford movie ever.

Worse than Sabrina or Hollywood Homicide?

Against All Odds is a good movie and the DVD commentary with Taylor Hackford, Jeff Bridges and James Woods is one of the better ones I've listened to.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnj1958 /forum/post/19585661

Worse than Sabrina or Hollywood Homicide?

Against All Odds is a good movie and the DVD commentary with Taylor Hackford, Jeff Bridges and James Woods is one of the better ones I've listened to.

Oh I really liked Sabrina a lot. Was it a great movie? No. But it wasn't bad at all.

Hollywood Homicide was really pretty bad but the last 20-30 minutes was better than anything in Random Hearts. I hated it. I saw it once in theaters and never again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
THANK GOD RANDOM HEARTS IS FINALLY ARRIVING IN HD!!!!

Seriously, who picks these releases? That movie was a failure when it came out and no one has cared about it since. If they want to release a quality Sydney Pollack film, give us TOOTSIE.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by win200 /forum/post/19589045

Seriously, who picks these releases? That movie was a failure when it came out and no one has cared about it since. If they want to release a quality Sydney Pollack film, give us TOOTSIE.

Image has started taking over Sony's releases and these are all some of the titles that are being re-released on DVD at the time.

Personally, looking over the list of titles that are coming from them, I would prefer And Justice For All and Apt Pupil.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by win200 /forum/post/19589045

I think some of the oddball choices we see hitting Blu-ray over more deserving movies is dictated by the corporate Walmart buyers, who deal directly with the studios. It is a lot easier decision to release a Blu-ray as a studio when Walmart promises shelf space to certain titles. All three selections in this lot were frequent denizens and apparently popular sellers on DVD at Walmart for years.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Awakenings for sure. The others, not so much.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Awakenings review is up on dvdbeaver - the grabs look nice and the review sounds good (considering this vintage)...they state the Blu Ray is "unmanipulated" and the flick looks as good as the source would allow. Whew, I'm in now, especially since I never plunked down money for this one before and the price is low. Great movie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.