AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to buy a vga distribution amp to send a signal from my matrox 550 to 3 distant TVs. I'll get a TVator to convert the signal to S-video or RCA on each.

I found the Kramer VP-3/VP-4, but the Kramer site doesn't specify how far they'll power the signal. The VP-3 talks about 2 projectors and a local monitor, so I presume one must be local. The VP-4 doesn't talk about any of that.

1) Anyone know how far the signal can travel [assuming decent cable]? I got 1 TV 30-35' away, 2 ~ 50' away?

2) Any other mfr recommendations?

3) Any recomendations on where to buy? This stuff is like $200+ on retail sites that I've found. eBay has 1:2 amps, which would work for 1 TV.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I'm getting great performance from startech videview 8 way vga amps.

For the money it would be hard to beat. I have a few extras if you want one for $20 pm me and let me know.

(12v dc adapter not included... Common item but I'm short on those.)

Troy

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Rather than use three long VGA cables and three PC-to-TV converters, why not start with the convertor and then use a Radio Shack video amplifier and three s-video or composite cables?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.