AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony XDRF1HD HD Radio Tuner hooked up to my Klipsch Promedia computer speakers. I am using a 3.5mm female to Male RCA Y adapter that i picked up from Radio Shack. Is there another company that makes a decent quality female to male Y adapter? The sound is good with the radio shack y adapters but not as clear as when i hook the speakers directly to my iPod. I see the male to males everywhere i go but no female to male. Or are there gender changers i could use that won't affect the quality.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercerm /forum/post/15474896

I have a Sony XDRF1HD HD Radio Tuner hooked up to my Klipsch Promedia computer speakers. I am using a 3.5mm female to Male RCA Y adapter that i picked up from Radio Shack. Is there another company that makes a decent quality female to male Y adapter? The sound is good with the radio shack y adapters but not as clear as when i hook the speakers directly to my iPod. I see the male to males everywhere i go but no female to male. Or are there gender changers i could use that won't affect the quality?

A different adapter is not going to make any difference. That the sound is "better" with the speakers connected to the iPod is not relevant. That's a completely different source. You MAY be able to find a nicer looking adapter, but what you already have will accomplish the same exact thing.

Yes, if you can find the correct gender changer it will not affect the quality. But there ARE male stereo RCA to female headphone adapters available out there. You just gotta dig for them. I doubt any of them are going to be much different looking from what you already have, though. You can also use a 3.5mm female to stereo female RCA adapter (if you can find that) in conjunction with a standard 2-channel analog RCA interconnect cable to accomplish the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts