AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who received 3.7 verify if HU's do not work with this version?

Or did DTV only sent it to P4 subs and only P4 subs?

·
Registered
215 Posts
i call directv utv center they said that the utv will need the a p4 not p3 if you have the p3 the upgrade you will not get

·
Registered
17 Posts
You won't get it via the datastream, but if you use code 5309 to dial into microsoft, you can download it from there. So if anyone wants to get the upgrade, just dial in and get it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Quote:
You won't get it via the datastream, but if you use code 5309 to dial into microsoft, you can download it from there. So if anyone wants to get the upgrade, just dial in and get it.
I thought this new upgrade didn't allow you to use the HU cards? If so, why would you want to download it if you are using an HU?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by play_this_game
I don't believe this is true. Someone just used the 5309 code for a HD upgrade and they reported they got 3.5, not 3.7. This was after the upgrade started. I suspect that the download server will continue to have only 3.5 until after the grace period is over and all customers are required to have 3.7 (speculation).

Clip

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have heard that too, not being able to use with the HU card. But I have yet to hear from anyone on this forum who has the upgrade with an HU. Obviously if this is true, then you wouldn't want to download it. If you do have the P4 though, and you want the upgrade now and don't want to wait, then you can dial in and get it. I also would like to know if the software is HU compatable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried the download with my P3 card and it did not work. I called DTV and they stated that you have to have the P4 card. They are sending me one by FedX.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cbr929pilot

Are you sure you have an HU?.......

If that is the start of your card number you posted it would be a P4

Hu's don't start with 0008.

·
Registered
32 Posts
To aviod any confusions....I reported earlier that I had received the download with a HU card. Well, I double check and I DO HAVE A P4 card.

Disregard my previous message. I did read some where here that someone had both 3.7 with a P4 and a HU card. I'll look for it and copy the link.

I now need to know if a HU card will work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i did the 120 gig upgrade on my daughters utv wed. the 30th. and didnot install the os because i believed 3.7 was on it's way. sure enough 3:30 friday morning there it was on the other two, but nothing on the new upgraded machine. so i did the 5309 and it got 3.5..........all machines have p4 cards!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.