Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new 3.7 software...

I have an autorecord for "Robot Wars". I just watched a recorded episode and deleted it. I then went to the "auto record list" there were 9 scheduled; I did a "list upcoming" and saw Thu (Recording)/Fri/Mon->Fri/Mon/Tue, each with descriptions. I clicked on DONE... and the screen then said there was only _1_ upcoming recording; the one currently recording. Somehow it lost the other 8. I don't know if they would have re-appeared, but it's worrying that the auto-record list changed in that way.

I quickly selected the entry and "more options" and "done" and it found 7 episodes (one a repeat of already recorded).

As I said, I don't know if would ever have lost any recordings, but the interface results are inconsistent. In future, if I don't make changes I'll use BACK to escape from menus!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you just upgraded in the last day or two, your guide info might not have been reloaded. The 9 episodes you saw were left over from the guide data before the upgrade. Search ahead a few days in the guide and see what's listed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clearly the guide was populated since forcing it to re-search for the program found 7 showings.

Also, each showing had a description, whereas an empty guide merely shows the title (essentially a placeholder). Yes, I had just been upgraded that morning, but the guide was populated. Perhaps not fully (7 rather than 9 showings) but sufficiently.

More to the point though, pressing DONE shouldn't have made the schedule change because I hadn't made any changes!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually I just noticed this last night. I wanted to record the president so I went into the guide and pressed record on it. The red dot showed up and then I forgot about it. About 9:20pm EST (20 mins into the speech) I went to watch it and mysteriously it hadn't recorded and the red dot was gone from the guide. I should have had it, I have no idea why it didn't record, however I have never had this problem before 3.7....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.