AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, I have read everything I can get my hands on and still can not get this to work. I believe I have a good working copy of winhex v11.15 and I have a working 3.5 unit that I went in and followed the directions for making a backup image, it came out the right file size and everything. I also downloaded the 3.5 image from web and have tried to zero the drive on 2 different utv machines that have 3.7 on them. Each time I get an error "00402639" it makes you quit from there. I also made the mhd3 boot disk and wiped the drive that way but still the same error when trying to write new image. Please help !!!

All suggestions welcome if you have actually done it yourself.

Trickster

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but the guy that gave me the copy says he used it himself with no problems and it shows registered. I do not have any trouble looking at the data or seeing the fsno like some talk about. Is there a version or setup you recommend ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok

i did the 3.5

it worked

tried the mhd file first that did NOT work for me

after that i thought my drive got fried

as i could not use it even tho mhd 3 5times showed it was unlocked and clean

thought i was screwed

went back to the old utv way on that drive an 80 gig wd

put drive in utv

lights flash

wait 2 mins time it

after 2mins

unplug ide cable from utv

let it run lights blinking fir 1 min per gig aka 80 gigs 80 mins

unplug utv

take out hard drive

install in puter

sec master

boot up puter i use win xp

open winhex

this drive should show all zeros now

under tools

disk clone

find your source 3.5 image

desinataion

hard disk 1

start sector put in 631811

click ok write the sectors

it should write

shut down puter rmount the drive into utv

it worked for me

·
Registered
12 Posts
how long should the actual writing process take

mine just whips thru it and then when I hook it up the drive, it wants to download the updates like it is a clean drive

seems like it is not puting the software on it

should this take seconds to write..or minutes...or hours??

mine takes like 3 seconds

something is goofy

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
got it!!

who-hoo

I feel releived now!

now I am gonna call and F*** with DTV, I bet I can do it without a card swap...you all wait!!

just threaten to go with dish and they will do anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Done!

they bitched, but they did turn it on

I told them the dish man said he could have a pvr installed tomorrow, they did say they will send me a new card, but hell, I don't care, I am watchin UTV now!!

I should also mention that I do not go thru DTV for my service, but another company (some rural thing...bunch of legal crap)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had problems when I tried to zero my drive. It appeared the problem was because there wasn't enough space on the computer's hard drive to hold a 40 GB zero file. I am not sure because I don't know enough about winhex. Anyway, I skipped zeroing the hard drive and both UTVs I have put 3.5 on worked fine. In fact they showed the pre-existing shows in the my shows list. Unfortunately I didn't try running one of the shows to see if it would work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm confused. What do you mean to hold a 40GB zero file? When you zero out a drive, you aren't creating or dumping any files, you are simply writing zero's to your hard disk, in effect, a low level format.

·
Registered
12 Posts
that is weird??

old shows remained?

when I zeroed out my drive, I did it on an old PC with NO OTHER harddrive in it at all

just the UTV drive and a boot floppy

I THEN put it in my real computer and wrote the Image file to it with winhex, can you be more specific?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.