AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone here please post the exact steps to get the 3.7 update via a phone line? I did a search here and found the reference to code: 8675309 but it is unclear to me if this is all I need to do. For example I assume the LNB connections should be un-hooked on the UTV prior to doing the 8675309 code routine, anything else? When should the power switch be turned ON/OFF, should this be done manually or with the remote?

I really don't want to lose all my auto-record settings if I can possibly avoid it.

I switched to a P4 card a week ago and have recieved no notice regarding a pending update to 3.7

I did the 120 Gig hard drive update a long time ago and my UTV is functioning fine. I just need the 3.7 update now.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
You don't have to unplug anything, but make sure the phone line is connected. Just turn the unit off and enter the code then turn it back on. The OS will update and leave everything intact. You will have to reconfigure your audio output settings, though. For some reason it defaults back to PCM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.