AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still havnt recieved 3.7 update is there anything I should be doing the phone is connected 24/7 and they both have P4 cards

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

Sit back and relax... turn the UTV off at night and let the unit "auto-update" when it comes.

Check the upgrade window on occasion and check back here when 3.7 may go national (if we get a heads up)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
Wait, yes, but patience is optional. :D
That's not so easy to do, being patient, if your are a fish owned by Net, huh? Kinda like being on death row and waiting for the governor's last minute call. :D

I'm beginning to wonder if there even is a 3.7. Could this just be a ploy to get us to switch to Sky? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My UTV was off due to Isabel knocking out the power lines for several days. When it came back on all that was happening was a blinking green light on the off/on button. Called and they sent another unit, but it would'nt even power up. While playing with it by plugging it up then unplugging it the light went off. It then goes into a state of receiving an upgrade of 297 PARTS!! I t shows the number and has gone within 10 of completing before it is disconnected. If I reconnect nothing happens on the upgrade, power off and play with it some more to get the green light to stop then it goes into the upgrading again. I have TIVO and Love it!! So I was using the UTV only as a 2nd receiver without the WEBTV. Does anyone know how to fix it so it will receive programing?

·
Registered
105 Posts
3.7 is hard to get sometimes. I tried waiting and never could get it automatically. Do a search for other posts and use the "jenny" code to force the upgrade. Before trying it though, you need a perfectly clean phone line (which was how I finally got it). That means no splitters etc... Try to run a phone line from the unit directly to the closest phone jack to where it enters the house.

(If you have a seperate dial-up ISP of your own, some people have had success with that also but the clean line seems to work fine with MS servers.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.