AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 3.7 update still in the stream? Didn't think so but wanted to double check. If it is there can I still insert an old HU into my UTV and get the update that way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's what I thought about the update being gone. I know HU will not work with 3.7, but I had read that if you inserted an HU into UTV while 3.7 was in the stream that it would force the update. Guess I have to go about manually then.

·
Registered
58 Posts
NO update was possible with HU even when 3.7 was in the stream. HU prevented 3.7. Many folks had to settle for 3.5 because the "value" of the HU overrode the benefits of 3.7. Hope that clarifies the HU/3.7 issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not that I approve of any type of theft but all it took was a two byte change in the 3.7 image to get the Hu to work with it.

Some people didn't want to pay $20 for a new access card and some had other reasons of course but it was an easy fix for most.

At last check the HU with 3.7 did receive the music channels but like I said I don't steal service so... I've been a paying customer with DTV since the start when the Sony B1 receiver was $680!!!

I'm no software expert but I did do a lot of Visual Basics and computer related stuff in school.

Oh and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!! Just kidding.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just updated a spare unit to 3.7 from Microsoft site. Took 5 tries to get it. Had to start fresh each time...would NOT continue. Just locked up modem. This was on a quiet Sunday morning with a clean line. So, it is possible... Persevere is all I can suggest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.