AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you go to NBA.com and look at the top of their homepage, in the TV schedule box it says this:


Mon. Apr. 21 Boston @ Indiana, Gm. #2 8:30 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)

Wed. Apr. 23 Orlando @ Detroit, Gm. #2 8:00 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)

Fri. Apr. 25 San Antonio @ Phoenix, Gm. #3 10:00 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)


At this time, it's known Dish Network (ch 9425), DirecTV (ch 198), select TWC systems, and Bright House Networks will carry the HD games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Check it out dude, you're in even more luck:

http://www.nba.com/video/nbacom_tv.html


SCHEDULE OF GAMES

Mon. Apr. 21 Boston @ Indiana, Gm. #2 8:30 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)

Wed. Apr. 23 Orlando @ Detroit, Gm. #2 8:00 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)

Fri. Apr. 25 San Antonio @ Phoenix, Gm. #3 10:00 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)


Too bad no Laker games in HD via NBA-TV yet on the schedule, but hey they said they would televise up to 7 games right? So this must be the first 3... Sweet!!!


-T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
This is nice. Unfortunately it means the speculation that the seven HD games would be the Western Conference Finals won't be happening...


ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Why are any of the HD games East Coast games?


The best teams are all in the West, Sacramento, San Antonio, L.A. even Dallas could probably beat any of the East Coast teams in the finals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Anyone know if these games will be available on Cox cable here in Las Vegas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottcorinna
Why are any of the HD games East Coast games?


The best teams are all in the West, Sacramento, San Antonio, L.A. even Dallas could probably beat any of the East Coast teams in the finals.
I'm not sure what you're asking, but the first 2 scheduled games are East Coast games, and the third scheduled game (San Antonio @ Phoenix) is a West Coast game.


I'm assuming it's going to be available at least on the DISH/DirecTV HD Event channels, not sure about the rest...


-T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by neyugnt
I'm not sure what you're asking, but the first 2 scheduled games are East Coast games, and the third scheduled game (San Antonio @ Phoenix) is a West Coast game.


I'm assuming it's going to be available at least on the DISH/DirecTV HD Event channels, not sure about the rest...


-T
Why bother showing any East Coast games if the best teams are in the West?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
please tell me that the boston game wont be blacked out here in new england. I have yet to see ANY of my boston teams in hd hopefully it wont stay that way


nate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottcorinna
Why bother showing any East Coast games if the best teams are in the West?
Ahhh.. I see said the blind man... =)


Probably a timing thing, where West Coast games would be really, really late for a lot of East Coast viewers...


-T


**EDIT**

Plus also the fact that most of the popular games (West Coast) will be shown on ESPN/ABC? Just guessing here... =P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Probably a timing thing, where West Coast games would be really, really late for a lot of East Coast viewers...


-T


**EDIT**

Plus also the fact that most of the popular games (West Coast) will be shown on ESPN/ABC? Just guessing here... =P
Despite the fact that the strongest teams are in the west, there are huge TV markets with lots of NBA fans still rooting for their teams in the east. As usual, it's all about ratings and money.


ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by neyugnt


Fri. Apr. 25 San Antonio @ Phoenix, Gm. #3 10:00 p.m. ET (Televised in HD)
woohoo


i just hope this isnt blacked out in arizona. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
It's my guess that Channel 198 isn't being blacked out anywhere. We'll soon see.


And referring to San Antonio and Phoenix as "West Coast" teams isn't quite geographically accurate; neither city is anywhere near the Pacific Ocean. I believe the NBA uses the term "Western Conference".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ragedogg69
woohoo


i just hope this isnt blacked out in arizona. :(
Yea, me too. Does anyone know if the Phoenix game will be blacked out in the Phoenix area and why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by neyugnt
Ahhh.. I see said the blind man... =)


Probably a timing thing, where West Coast games would be really, really late for a lot of East Coast viewers...


-T


**EDIT**

Plus also the fact that most of the popular games (West Coast) will be shown on ESPN/ABC? Just guessing here... =P


You are wise and knowledgeable man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Burgess
And referring to San Antonio and Phoenix as "West Coast" teams isn't quite geographically accurate; neither city is anywhere near the Pacific Ocean. I believe the NBA uses the term "Western Conference".
Maybe neyugnt is a seismologist, knows something we don't know, and is getting an early start on things?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Heheh, I certainly hope not; I'm sure there's quite a few members of this board myself included who have a hefty amount of money in real estate here. To see Arizona suddenly become the West Coast would suck!


Anyway, actually, the correct terms as we all know are "Bestern Conference", and "Leastern Conference". So let's just go with that. =P


Oh, one more thing: GO LAKERS!!


-T
 
1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top