AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any suggestions anyone might have for a temporary audio solution on our 2010 Mac Mini. We're in the process of selling our house, so I need to keep the expense and wires/clutter to a minimum for now.

I'm currently running the HDMI out into our Panasonic Plasma, then the analog stereo out from the TV into an old HK stereo only non-digital receiver which drives a pair of JBL S38s. Both the speakers and the receiver are hidden inside the cabinet of a 60s HiFi console that the TV and mini sit on keeping the whole thing very clean. I'm generally happy with how this sounds, except the dialog often gets buried on surround encoded material. I do use the TVs speakers to supplement the stereo, and while more centered it doesn't help a while lot with the dialog. I'd like to figure out a way to add a slim soundbar like speaker with the center channel audio to this setup, hopefully for

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Since no one else has replied, Rob, I'll take a stab...

Quote:
analog stereo out from the TV into an old HK stereo only non-digital receiver which drives a pair of JBL S38s
Quote:
I do use the TVs speakers to supplement the stereo

Normally, I'd say both of these are bad ideas and are probably contributing to muddled dialog and your general dissatisfaction.

Quote:
We're in the process of selling our house, so I need to keep the expense and wires/clutter to a minimum for now.

Understood.

Quote:
I'd like to figure out a way to add a slim soundbar like speaker with the center channel audio to this setup (still using the HK/JBLs for the L&R channels), hopefully for

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.