AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im taking the first step into seperates. Im gonna use my Denon AVR 3300 as my pre/pro and not sure about the type of amp. My feeling is, I should probably get a 3 channel amp and use my Denon 3300 to power the rears. Then whenever this happens, Im sure I will probably get a new pre/pro (like the outlaw 950) and then need more amplification. Then again, I could just purchase the Outlaw 770 when it comes out and then I would have two extra channels left over that I could use at a later point in time.

Although my amps in my Denon are far superior then in some receivers, (actual 83 watts X 5 channels driven) I believe I can achieve a better soundstage, head room and push my Klipsch speakers during DTS 5.1 movies like "Saving Private Ryan"

Amps I like so far after hours of research, but I have yet to try are:

Rotel RMB 1095

Acurus 2005

Outlaw 770

Parasound 2205

Im looking for some guidance in my thought process and amp selection. I would like to keep the price of the amp under $2K.

Thank you in advance I look forward to everyones input.

Klipsch Reference all around

SVS 20-39 PC sub

Denon AVR 3300

Sony 300 disc ES changer

Toshiba DVD

Toshiba VCR

Newpoint surge protector

Toshiba 32 in TV

I have alot of upgrading to do!!!!!!!!:eek: :D

·
Registered
845 Posts
Your Klipsch are very effiecient so that a 80 w receiver with them is probably like a 150 w reciever(or amp) with other speakers. All of the amps you listed are good but my preference would be for the Parasound(which you can get for less than 2K--which is the list price).

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If you'd like to save a bit of money now, go with a 3 channel amp, and when the need arises, get either a stereo amp or monoblocks. Your Denon receiver should be ample to drive the rears. As for your choice of power amps, those are all 5 channel amps. Personally I own the Rotel RMB-1095 and so I might be biased, but having compared it against its little brother the 985MkII, and the Anthem MCA-5 Series I, there's no competition. The 1095 is louder, delivers better bass and is just more dynamic then either. I've heard good things about the Parasound too, but over here Rotel is just so much cheaper than anything else, its almost a no-brainer. The Acurus should be a pretty good deal too since they are, or were being sold out in bulk a couple months ago at below 1 grand a piece over at ubid.com, since they were bought out by Klipsch. The Outlaw appears to be outclassed by the others you mentioned.

Another amp you might wanna check out is the Sherbourn 5x200W amp(forgot the model)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.