AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a relatively simple setup.

1. Samsung Smart TV that i control using the SmartView App for my windows PC or via my Android phone app

2. Denon AVR-2113C that I use the HTML interface web page with from any laptop or a variety of apps for the android

3. XBMC which has a ton of options via html or android apps

I tried a harmony 900 and liked the customization and macros available but the several hundred dollars of hardware to convert rf to ir to control equipment that is on my network already seemed like overkill.

I'm considering the harmony smart control to enable both remote control and smart phone usage via the network but i'm not sure if that's the right way to go either.

Due to my job I have access to a wide variety of tablets, phones, slates, laptops etc. Of course i'd love to have a good ole mash button remote too that was wife and kid friendly.

Does anyone have a suggestion to provide simple control to networked devices?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
iRule. I haven't checked but it looks like every one of your devices can be controlled directly with an IP gateway so you wouldn't even need an IP to IR box.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
You would need to get a Global Cache iTach IP2IR to turn on/off the TV. Same for iRule or Roomie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts