AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some "virtual reality" glasses from edimensional, and am wondering if anyone else on this forum has tried them out. My monitor is a Princeton Graphics AR3.2T, and according to the specs, can do up to 120Hz vertical refresh rate. Well, after some initial problems, I can get a fairly nice 3-D image of the "Metabyte" logo during the setup stage. But then my monitor really starts to freak out when I leave the configuration wizard. I am currently working out the problem with the edimensional tech support.

The tech guy claims tinkering with this 3-D software won't permanently damage this expensive monitor. Does everyone agree to this? He basically said that the monitors made today are almost impossible to damage through Windows, unlike many years ago.

The tech guy says this is a good monitor and it should work very well even at 60Hz. This monitor can do 1024X768 at 60 Hz, so I was excited with anticipation. In order to get started, I had to lower the resolution and refresh rate all the way down. Another problem is that the configuration only allows up to a 27 inch monitor. This started to work, but then crapped out as explained above.

Anyone have advice while I'm ever so slowly dealing with this with edimensional (1 email transaction a day)? These glasses get good reviews from users, but they have normal run of the mill 19-21 inch monitors.

I'm running WinME, Radeon 64MB, P3 1GHz.

Thanks,

Slobbie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.