AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation, I have 3 tvs in the man cave, the middle tv is the one connected to the receiver via the hdmi out on the Yamaha rxv667 receiver. I would like to connect the flanking tvs to the receiver so that I can hear the audio, while keeping the video from the original directv receiver on the main tv. I currently have a Yamaha rxv667, and you can do what I want by pulling up the on screen menu and switching to the appropriate audio out for the video input. That requires a lot of remote clicks, and I really just want to set a harmony remote wher I click the right button and it leaves the video on the receiver alone but switches the audio input to an optical in from one of the flanking directv receivers. Can i do this easily with the Yamaha? If not, I have no problem buying a new receiver. Just tell me which one.

·
Premium Member
93,271 Posts
You need an AVR with a Zone 2 monitor output in which you could pass the audio/video from the 2nd or 3rd DTV box to one or both of the additional TV's using an HDMI splitter from the Zone 2 monitor output. Audio would come from the 2nd and/or 3rd TV speakers unless you have another set of Zone 2 speakers setup. This configuration would allow you to keep playing the audio/video from the primary DTV box. The lowest Denon AVR with this feature is the X3100W which we have in stock. Please call for pricing and additional information if interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually after further research most of the current onkyo offerings support taking video stream from hdmi but allowing you to change the audio inputs so I can run the audio in from the directv receivers via rca or optical into audio only inputs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts