AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noted a couple of weeks ago that Toshiba Canada was giving 3 free HD DVDs in the box with A20 models. No rebates, just right in the box.

I was in Best Buy today and saw that the HD-A2 models also have the stickers on the box indicating the same 3 movies were inside.

Movies are:

Fast And The Furious Tokyo Drift

The Perfect Storm

Black Rain

This makes the player in Canada a bit better deal, bringing a bit of parity with the US offers we see.

I'd much rather have it this way then dealing with the rebate circus happening in the US right now.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's definitely makes things easier but why no love for the HD-XA2!

It's not right but it's even better when you can exchange the free HD DVD's. My boy who picked up the HD-A20 back when it came out, exchanged Black Rain for Dreamgirls.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BB exchange or return is 30 days. I would expect if the A2 is selling thru you will see boxes with the 3 free movies in the next 20 days.

You can either exchange it for a new box that has the movies, ask the store to give you the movies, or call up toshiba and ask them to give you the movies.

Never seen an XA1 or XA2, let alone a box for them except for online pictures. "Unicorn"...

It's possible the high end players will have the movies too...

·
Premium Member
8,418 Posts
Wow it's inhalation time for blue, Toshiba in an all out brawl.....

It reminds me of the timid girl in the freashman year, and by senior year an agressive hottie...Yeap

Man I want a AX2 so bad now,I wonder how far off are the G3 models.

DJoel

·
Registered
291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bembol /forum/post/0

It's definitely makes things easier but why no love for the HD-XA2!

It's not right but it's even better when you can exchange the free HD DVD's. My boy who picked up the HD-A20 back when it came out, exchanged Black Rain for Dreamgirls.

I bought my XA2 last week and got the 3 free movies inside.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
They are also pushing Toshiba HD DVD players with the Regza now in some Canadian stores. This was in my local Best Buy:

"Without an HD source, it's just TV."

That's a Toshiba Regza 47" LCD, with a Toshiba HD-A20. The disc on display on the left is DV Essentials, and the sign on the right (cut off of the picture) has a separate short sales description for each of the components shown.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
US offers are much better aren't they - the recent 5 disc offer from Tosh (I don't mind the delay in the mail), 3 or whatever discs from BB or CC in store and now $100 off.

Future Shop (at least the one in W Vanc) did CAD399 for the A2 recently and they had an open box for CAD299.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCheese /forum/post/0

I bought my XA2 last week and got the 3 free movies inside.

I have all 3 already. I'll see what Trutone Electronics say...

·
Registered
8,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilian.ca /forum/post/0

US offers are much better aren't they - the recent 5 disc offer from Tosh (I don't mind the delay in the mail), 3 or whatever discs from BB or CC in store and now $100 off.

Future Shop (at least the one in W Vanc) did CAD399 for the A2 recently and they had an open box for CAD299.

The US deals are much better, but by all accounts the 5-free disc deal is terrible. After many months people still have nothing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BB refuse to honnor the 3 disc promo so i returned my unit and buy from FS, unfortunately it's the same story there too. I called toshiba today and the rep said if the box doesnt sayss "3 HD-DVD inside" there is nothing they can do about it ! I treaten to take the unit back again, the rep just says go ahead, if that is how i felt !

SAD SAD SAD !!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just dont get it! considering CAN$ is more than 90cent USD... why should we always have to pay more and always get secound hand treatment???

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The 3 disc offer is from Toshiba so to be fair BB isn't obliged to honour it.

But what BB could do is have it's own free disc promotion and price reduction in addition to Toshiba's offer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts