AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the same vein as the 3 games worth your money thread, what 3 games were the biggest wastes of money? It can be full games or XBLA games. I'll start with:

Perfect Dark Zero - I didn't enjoy this at all. Was so disappointing...

Madden 07 - The low point of the Madden franchise IMO. Mechanics were flawed, the game was flawed, online was flawed, etc. This was the last Madden I bought. However 09 looks promising.

GHIII - I wasn't blown away with the setlist, some note charts were wonky, and overall GH went away from "fun" and went to "needlessly hard." Thank god for Rock Band.

·
Registered
681 Posts
1. Splinter Cell Double Agent: Very fun game, but short and MP is not my cup of tea. This one I should have rented rather than bought

2. Kameo - awesome graphics, broken gameplay imo. The game simply just isn't fun b/c half the time, you don't know what the heck to do. Puzzle games can be fun but not this one.

3. Crackdown - not worth the $60 I dolled out for it. Fun while it lasts, absolutely zero replay value. And just when I maxed out my stats, the game suddenly became a chore.

4. Call of Duty 3 - SP was abysmal - crappy story and crappy hit detection, which is a dealbreaker for any shooter.

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
CoD3 - Poor game execution. Unskippable cut scenes, nearly impossible Veteran level, no lip synching, cheesy characters

Fight Night Round 3 - Did not feel compelled to drive through single player. Friends not interested in multi. Went back unfinished.

Doom XBLA - Just wasn't as fun as it used to be. Another reminder as to why I avoid retro gaming. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

1. Splinter Cell Double Agent: Very fun game, but short and MP is not my cup of tea. This one I should have rented rather than bought

2. Crackdown - not worth the $60 I dolled out for it. Fun while it lasts, absolutely zero replay value. And just when I maxed out my stats, the game suddenly became a chore.

QUOTE]

3. The outfit. Not at all playable on my 20inch that I started on then hard to play co-op even on 32 sitting close. And once we could finaly see what we were doing on my projector we realized the game just sucked and wasn't fun.

·
Registered
843 Posts
1. Halo 3 - tried to get into it but just couldnt. Traded it on Goozex

2. PGR 3 - same as above.... couldnt get into it. Keep in mind that my copy was 12 bucks on ebay and I still feel I was taken.

3. Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - just a button click-fest with no real rhyme or reason to it. I'm an oldschool wrestling fan and figured I'd give it a try since I hadnt played a wrestling video game since Monday Nitro on the Genisis (or was it the SNES?)..... this game can carry that game's jock!

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Battlefield Bad company - I don't know how you people can like this game, it's garbage!

Halo 3 - I loved halo 1 and 2 was kida crappy but I couldn't get into 3 at all

Crysis - nice graphics for sure but the game play was..... craptacular!

·
Registered
103 Posts
1. Turning Point - probably the worst shooter I've played. Didn't look that great. Bad AI. Bad story.

2. Turok - Boring. Repetetive.

3. Halo 3 - Was hoping for more out of it.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have to say that I mulled over my game collection and didn't find any real stinkers. The bump to $60 in game prices and $29 for discounted titles has done me well as I rent most games now.

So:

GoW - I just couldn't get into this. Lucky for me it was a rental, but I hung on to it a little too long hoping I could get into it.

Lost Planet - another rental for me that a friend said I had to play, but I just didn't get

NHL2k6 - I was a huge fan of 2k's hockey series up until this one. Not sure but it just didn't click for me. One of the titles I bought when I got my 360 and playtime really suffered with the other, better games.

·
Registered
636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG /forum/post/14180498

Battlefield Bad company - I don't know how you people can like this game, it's garbage!

If you're talking about the single player, I couldn't agree more. Multiplayer, however, is the best thing I've ever played. Period.

My three worst are:

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 - never liked the other games but I bought into the hype and was beyond frustrated/annoyed with just about every aspect of this game from the insanely hard missions to always having to drive across two islands for the next one.

2. Viking - even though I got it for like $24 new, it was still so incredibly annoying. Especially the final boss fight on hard. It was impossible and so infuriating I almost threw my controller through my TV.

3. Assassin's Creed - even after turning off the GPS and everything, it was still the most tedious and repetitive game I've ever played. And after mysteriously losing my save game from about 1/3 of the way through it, I lost any/all desire to even look at the case anymore.

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Halo 3 - Single player is frakkin' amateur hour. Multi is just sterile and drab.

PGR4 - Motorcycles are broken, which kills because they are half the game.

·
Registered
354 Posts
PGR4

GH3 (not worth $100)

Mass Effect (got it for PC so I never got into it for 360)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Cant believe the OP thought Perfect Dark Zero was a waste. That game was tons of fun! Yes, it had some areas that kept it from being a perfect game, but it was fun.

Anyways, for me Madden 06 was a total waste. Also, Fight Night Round 3.....it is/was a good game, but honestly after completing career mode once it just didnt have ANY replay value. Lastly, although I dont think its a bad game and nowhere near as bad as folks make it sound, I just didnt play much of COD3 after making it through the SP once on medium.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The only two that come to mind for me are:

Shadowrun - Absolutely hated this game. Bought it after a friend's rave recommendation, and traded it in a few weeks later.

Assassin's Creed - I know quite a few folks loved this game, and it was definitely pretty, but it was just boring as can be. I bought it used, returned it after two days of tremendous repetition, and picked up Crackdown used instead. Crackdown wasn't as pretty, but it did many of the same things that AC did, only the right way. Climbing buildings was actually fun!

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
1. Halo 3 - frame rate just too low after playing cod 4. Wasn't digging the melee heavy online play (since patched). Too many little e gangsters in the lobbies.

2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles XBLA - stay in 1988 next time. Krang just wasn't as cool this time around

3. Major League Baseball 2K8 - A stinky turd of epic proportions. Most hyped game this side of Gears of War and was dead right out of the chute. Somebody shoud mail the pinheads who made this game a copy of Baseball Stars and tell them to take careful notes

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye /forum/post/14180637

If you're talking about the single player, I couldn't agree more. Multiplayer, however, is the best thing I've ever played. Period.

My three worst are:

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 - never liked the other games but I bought into the hype and was beyond frustrated/annoyed with just about every aspect of this game from the insanely hard missions to always having to drive across two islands for the next one.

?? I only had to replay about 4 or 5 missions more than once (out of 80+) and if you have to go far away you just hail a cab or call Roman to send you one. It takes about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Assassin's creed. Proof that looks might suck you in but there needs to be a personality to hold you over. It had none. Boring and reptitious.

CoD3. Treyarch. The kings of milking it.

GH3. Terrible set list. 3 exclusive songs I like. The rest are on Rock Back. Thankfully I can use the Guitar on Rock Band.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
i wasted way too much dinero on craps, keno, and blackjack in vegas.

horrible, it was!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Assassin's Creed - How anybody can enjoy such a boring and repetitive game is beyond me. Became an absolute chore for me to complete from start to end.

Mass Effect - Found out the American style RPGs just aren't for me. I'll have to stick with my tradition JRPGs from now on.

All Pro Football 2k8 - How the mighty has fallen. 2K football will never be the same after this shameful release.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts