AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Denon receiver has two HDMI inputs and one output to my projector.

I want to connect a Tivo Premiere, Blu-ray player and Apple TV. I'm thinking to connect the BD player and ATV via HDMI and the Tivo via component video and audio. Does that sound right?

·
UHD Addict
38,977 Posts
Just get an HDMI switch. You can get an auto switching one for only $10 from Amazon. Much better and easier to do that than go back to analog for video and optical for audio(or worse analog for audio).

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
UHD Addict
38,977 Posts
I use two, two port, auto switching HDMI switchers that have zero problems being powered with HDMI. I'm also using several Redmere cables with them which also need power. I run 3D. Deep color, and the advanced audio codecs. I have zero issues with them.

I also use a couple of the Monoprice five port HDMI switches. They work fine just like the auto switchers(except they don't auto switch). Although I think the LEDs are too bright from the Monoprice five port switches I have. But both types of switches work just as well for me.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm glad that they are all working for you. I am talking more in a general sense based on my research and trial and error. I find that a switch with an external power cord is a better option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts