AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a projection screen setup, and Im upgrading my front speakers (from current Ascends to Ascend SEs). I have the room to use three identical front (vertically oriented) speakers. Is it always preferable to use three identical front speakers when possible?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
yes, definitely

ideal is to have surround and back speakers identical to the fronts. same phasing, same crossover points, same sonic characteristics, same drivers

·
Registered
193 Posts
do it :)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
most people cant do it because of space restrictions and budget constraints. the idea of having identical surrounds is the recreation of uniform sound field and if you have the chance to do it properly why not?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use the same speakers for my LCR and it really makes the front sound stage huge and seamless. My old center was weak and when a voice transitioned to the LR speakers it was like a person came in from around a corner. It was very distracting. I now feel more involved in the movies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh Yeah; all the same speakers across the front certainly is best!! And using the same speaker in all locations is the better of the best!!

No question; if you can swing it, it's the way to go!

Pans, scans and transitions can't be beat!

All the same gets my vote!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.