AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3 JTR 228 Noesis in Pittsburgh $3150 shipped!!!

******edit 3/17/2015 these are still for sale!!!*****

$3100 shipped for all 3 via FedEx - can ship immediately!

I finally got around to setting up an AT screen in my game room and moved my 212HT's down from the living room. I was originally going to move the 228's to my living room but the center channel will not fit so I think I am going to sell these.

These are one year old and look and perform flawlessly.

JTR price is $1299 each plus about $70 shipping plus a 4 week wait. Total new would be about $4100.

I can ship this immediately via FedEx. Price for all 3 shipped and paid via PayPal is $3100

If you can pick them up the price will be cheaper.

I have all of the original packaging.

These are the standard black finish.

I know I will regret selling these :( so hurry up before I change my mind!

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless I change my mind - I am wavering - these are such great speakers!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Unless I change my mind - I am wavering - these are such great speakers!
I know how you feel, but space and aesthetics in living areas is understandable....they deserve to be in a dedicated room where they can be properly be utilized with powerful subs that need space too. Your reasoning to sell is sound :)

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put them in the garage or bathroom... you can always use a pair of nice speakers.
No joke I actually tried to rationalize using them in my garage with a pair of JTR growlers for neighborhood parties :)

Reactions: carp

·
Deep Sea Sound
3,634 Posts
No joke I actually tried to rationalize using them in my garage with a pair of JTR growlers for neighborhood parties :)
Why try...that seems like a natural way to use them...at least that's how I feel after hanging out on AVS for far too long. :D

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why try...that seems like a natural way to use them...at least that's how I feel after hanging out on AVS for far too long. :D
Yeah, this site makes you lose all concept of reality

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
What would you use one for?
I was thinking last night I could use one for the living room with my 212's. I have my 228 in the theater now and a little crappy center in the living room. The more I think about I would be better off getting a 215RM for my theater to pair with my 215RT's and move the 228 back to the living room. I need so much right now, I need to hit the lottery. I still think you should keep them. I have been tempted to sell my 212HT's and downgrade to something cheaper, but I own them and why downgrade. You could always use the 228's for surrounds!!! That was my other thought. If I did not need a new processor (X7200) and a 215RM, I would scoop these up!!

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I was thinking last night I could use one for the living room with my 212's. I have my 228 in the theater now and a little crappy center in the living room. The more I think about I would be better off getting a 215RM for my theater to pair with my 215RT's and move the 228 back to the living room. I need so much right now, I need to hit the lottery. I still think you should keep them. I have been tempted to sell my 212HT's and downgrade to something cheaper, but I own them and why downgrade. You could always use the 228's for surrounds!!! That was my other thought. If I did not need a new processor (X7200) and a 215RM, I would scoop these up!!
I would like to keep them. Maybe no one will want them and make my decision easy :)

They are too big for me to use as surrounds and then I would need a 4th!

I added pictures.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think my dream speakers would be LCR's of 215RM's.

I guess I could sell my 228's and 212's and be able to afford them, but the money from the 228's is really to pay for the 212's, buying I had a buyer for all of them I would consider it.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Man, you have no idea how tempting this is. I absolutely love my TD15m combo, but have been itching to try out some Noesis for quite some time.

It would also help with them being narrower as I could move my subs in board a little more allowing me to get my mains a little further away from the sidewalls.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Man, you have no idea how tempting this is. I absolutely love my TD15m combo, but have been itching to try out some Noesis for quite some time.

It would also help with them being narrower as I could move my subs in board a little more allowing me to get my mains a little further away from the sidewalls.
Do it :)

They really are spectacular speakers. I replaced them with the 212HT's but really so far I can't tell the difference. Maybe the 212's are a little brighter sounding.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
212's are my speaker of choice as well, but I find myself never utilizing even my TD15's. I run all my speakers crossed over at 80hz (with the exception of critical music listening). I'd still take a 212 in a heartbeat over the 228, but these have got me thinking. :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Do it :)

They really are spectacular speakers. I replaced them with the 212HT's but really so far I can't tell the difference. Maybe the 212's are a little brighter sounding.
The KC guys have tested this many times and they have came to the conclusion that they cannot hear anything different except with music with the 212HT's. The 212HT do have an edge and sound better with music. If anybody has questions regarding this, I am sure Archaea or Carp would be happy to give you their impressions of both speakers compared. @Archaea @carp

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
The KC guys have tested this many times and they have came to the conclusion that they cannot hear anything different except with music with the 212HT's. The 212HT do have an edge and sound better with music. If anybody has questions regarding this, I am sure Archaea or Carp would be happy to give you their impressions of both speakers compared. @Archaea @carp
That pretty much sums it up, I couldn't tell with movies and I had the 228's in my room for a couple weeks. If you use manual EQ you could would have more headroom to boost the bass in the 212's for sure, especially below 80hz obviously.

To me the 212's differences for music were worth the price, but then again the differences between the 212's and 215's are worth the price so it all depends on what the priorities are. As you guys know the amount of money increase is a lot more than the amount of improvement when it comes to this hobby.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts