AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I live in an apartment so I can't be to loud when it comes to my HT. I'm just wondering what the best speaker position would be for my apartment.

When it comes to sound I'm a total noob and I'm not sure where to position my speakers or how it will effect my neighbors. I've put together 3 layouts and would love some input on them. I'd like to know which one is best suited for keeping the sound in my apartment and out of my neighbors. And more importantly which one would give me the best sound.

I know the drawings are probably not proportional, but I've tried to make them as detailed as possible.

O I also have carpeting throughout the apartment, and the walls are normal thickness.

Thanks in advanced!

Floor Plan 1

Floor Plan 2

Floor Plan 3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tmoney82 I'm kinda leaning that way to but I'll have to convince my GF she hates that layout.

Anyone else have thoughts?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
1 and 3 are mirror images of each other as far as I can tell. 2 is the more ideal lay out, but then you restrict access to the patio which is not good. Personally, I'd put my thinking cap on and see if there was another alternative.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts