AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up...... I just got in 3 XG75's I'm going to completely go through them this weekend and list them in the classifieds.

Hours are 1012, 1006, and 975. These are total PJ hours.....CRT hours are slightly less.

Much more info to follow in the ads.

Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I sent you a personal message.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update....

I've checked them all out. The chassis' are great. All of them have slight text burn on the green tubes. I have just ordered new greens for all 3. Should have them in about a week. With them installed, they'll be perfect!

I've done a full alignment on one, and I'm very impressed! Light output, colors, resolution are fantastic! These will be great, low hour units, in like new condition after the retubes.....

I'll update when they're installed....

Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another update!!

The tubes went backorder....But came in on Friday. I just sold one of the XG's to a local forum member, so I have 2 left.

I'm retubing the 2 today, so they'll be ready to go very soon.

One only needs a green, the other may need green and red.

Prices will be $4K for the one with new green. $4500 if the other needs red and green, otherwise $4K.

These are low hour(slightly over 1000 hour)that someone text burned the mentioned tubes by projecting a static video conf. image.

They will be in perfect condition after the retube.

My email is: [email protected] if interested.

Thanks.....Drew

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
And for those of you that don't know.. Drew is fully capable of retubing and aligning these, so with this low hour count, these are a good deal.

Curt

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Curt.....

They initially bummed me out and said the tubes wouldn't be in till Feb/2002. Then I got a call out of the blue, Friday, saying they were in!

I'll be busy today....

Drew

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last Update....

Got the green tubes installed on both XG75A's.

Everything is dialed in....Superb picture! Light output is fantastic, contrast is at 50% on my 8' wide screen, driven by my Faroudja LD200 doubler, and that's all you need!

Here's the deal...After very careful evaluation, I can see a very faint wear area on the blue tubes. This is only with the full white pattern up, and then killing green and red. I've watched many, many dvd's on them, and if you didn't know it was there, you'd never see it. I personally would not change the crt for this. I don't feel it warrants it.The projectors have about 1020 original hours on them. They both have brand new green tubes installed. They are outstanding performers.

Prices...$4000 ea. If you want a new blue crt installed....$4500

If interested, my email is [email protected]

Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both are listed in classified's. Price drop!

Thanks...Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.