AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 3 PC/laptops (with stereo socket outputs) and want to feed sound from all three into RCA socket inputs of one common speaker set. Sometimes 1, 2 or 3 machines may be on - it varies. I may have video playing on any one of those PC/laptops and whatever other PCs are on I want to hear their sound events on the same speakers (not fussed that it interrupts the video as I can always pause it). I tried Y splitter cables but max sound volume goes down. I have been told it is best to get a mixer. I don't need an expensive solution so I am looking for the cheapest mixer that will play sound cleanly.

I saw this second hand item in my local classified ads I think it is a Behringer MINIMON MON800. If I put:

• two of the PCs on "mix in A and B" and
  • one PC on "CD/Tape IN" "C", and
  • my speakers on "SPEAKERS OUT" "B" not "A" as I have RCA cables.
I am assuming I can listen to all there inputs at same time using speaker out "B" with no issues. Would that be correct?

I don't know much about mixers and I am not sure if I am interpreting the manual correctly

Links:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, but that's a switch only one input at a time has access to speakers. I need a mixer (think of it like PC connected to a LAN you want them all sharing one connection). One (or two) PCs can issue sound events and another may be playing video. I want to hear those sound events "mixed" in. I could connect individual stereo speakers to all three machines but I only have one really good stereo speaker set. I want one set of stereo speakers shared which means a mixer not a switch.

·
Registered
21,136 Posts
It does. Just click on ">edit". ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks it must be a first 5 post new user rule as I don't have that button yet (I guess).
Yes. There's a post padding area where you can make enough junk posts to be able to edit, post links and send PMs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts