AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what would be the best way to set up my subs I have 2 BIC PL-200's and 1 Velodyne DEQ-12R, I would be using the 2 BIC's for Blu Rays / Movies, and wanted to use my Velodyne for music? Should I just use a RCA Y adapter at the receiver then use another one right away and then Run the 3 RCA's to each sub then split them again for R and L?

I have a Denon AVR1912... the room is about 17x16. My 7 Main speakers are DIY Vifa Big AV kits from Madisound a long while back with the Seas Tweeters.

Any help would be great I tried searching but really no explanation on how to hook them all up in my case!

·
Registered
8,945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus24112 /forum/post/20807623

Hey guys just wondering what would be the best way to set up my subs I have 2 BIC PL-200's and 1 Velodyne DEQ-12R, I would be using the 2 BIC's for Blu Rays / Movies, and wanted to use my Velodyne for music? Should I just use a RCA Y adapter at the receiver then use another one right away and then Run the 3 RCA's to each sub then split them again for R and L?

I have a Denon AVR1912... the room is about 17x16. My 7 Main speakers are DIY Vifa Big AV kits from Madisound a long while back with the Seas Tweeters.

Any help would be great I tried searching but really no explanation on how to hook them all up in my case!

I say just use all three for everything. Any other way is a waste of sub goodness IMO.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus24112 /forum/post/0

Do you have a sub output for zone two?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus24112 /forum/post/0

Nope just 1 sub pre out..

This is an idea I don't know if it will work but maybe someone else can chime in.

Use your zone two and connect your main speakers with a separate set of wires. Use the sub's speaker binding posts and set main speakers on zone 2 to full range. Set 80hz crossover on sub. Literally just an idea but don't try it until you get some clarification.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Our sub set up is very similar. I'm running in my theater 2 PL-200s in the front and a Velodyne DPS 12 in the back of my theater. For movies I use all three subs at the same time. The sound is great. I have them connected from my sub output at the back of my Sony. I use a sub cable to a Y-splitter, put one end of the splitter to the Velodyne. Then run another sub cable from the splitter to to the front of the room to another splitter. Put one end of the splitter into one of the PL-200s and run a sub cable from the splitter to the second PL-200. I hope that does not sound too mixed up...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet thanks all
was thinking that I might get too much signal loss by doing that way but if your doing it almost the same I am sure its fine....

Thanks for all the responses

·
Registered
30,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus24112 /forum/post/20811649

sweet thanks all
was thinking that I might get too much signal loss by doing that way but if your doing it almost the same I am sure its fine....

That's what level controls are for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.