AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have an HD-a1.

bought new, two weeks into it (and 4 movies) get "system one error" and I send it back for factory repair.

about 10 days later get it back and it works for all of 2 movies than will no longer display anything on the screen.

so send it back and about 15 days elapsed time this time get it back.

put 1st movie in it last night and it ran all of about 4 minutes before completely powering off (strong smell of hot circuitry). let it cool down and it would power up long enough for me to get the disc out and then after being on for about 3 minutes would power off again.

so now it has to go back again. and I really no longer want to have them send this lemon back to me again (I mean really, you couldn't even check to see if it actually worked after you "fixed it"). I bought it about 8 weeks ago now, am about out of warranty, and haven't even been able to watch the 10 movies I bought with the player when I got it.

so will they replace this or am I just dreaming there?

and if they do, what am I likely to get as a replacement.

any advice on how to get them to take this POS off my hands and replace it with something that actually works through an entire movie would be great.

Yes, I am a bit steamed with this. I didn't mind first problem and really learned to accept the fact that it went down a second time, but not even being able to run for 10 minutes when it is straight back from a factory service irritates me (not only with build quality, but also the absolutely worthlessness of the "factory servicing").

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but the bad thing with that is that it will have no analog outputs. was wondering if there was anyway I could get them to updgrade (even with me chipping in to cover the difference) to something that does have analog 5.1 outputs.

Funny of all the people to first reply to this, it would be someone from lincoln ne. I live down near Nebraska city.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
the best \\"we \\" could do is tell you to call \\"them\\" cause they are the only ones who could help you. only advice really is dont let up keep demanding for a new model tell them you need analog outputs and that your willing to pay the difference for a second gen which a second gen with analog outputs is probably gonna be an extra $500 (not sure though about the price call them) but for the a2 it wont be anything extra i imagine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
in all honesty analog outs will cost youas much or more than an hdmi reciver if you go to second gen player. I hear the hd-xa2 is nice but is was over my budget just for a single format player.

In your situation I don't know what I would do. If I was on my third hd-a1 I just would not want that model period. I love my hd-a2 but it has no analog outs.

I really like my setup overall but I ended up upgrading everying thing. I got a new reciever over this whole audio situation. I have no regrets about it either. sold my old onkyo for $300 new one cost me $550. so I ended up shelling out $650 out of pocket. it is nice to have a hdmi cross converting reciver though. one hdmi cable to the tv is all I need.

you may see if they would swap you into a hd-xa1 or something. If you are on your third go around it seems like they would do something for you.

I have not owned a hd-a1 or hd-xa1 but the negative posts on the forum made me leary of them. now there are people that say they have them working perfectly though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.