AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7.1 system setup with my Denon AVR 3312ci and would like to add 2 additional zones [Components Below]. Once integrated I need for the system to be able to handle having all zones active and playing a singular source but with the ability to locally alter volume levels for each zone.

Zone 2 = 4 Polk RC60i Speakers

Zone 3 = 1 Polk RC6s Speaker

With this in mind, I need help choosing a entry level Amp(s) to power the 2 additional zones. Is it best to just buy a Russound X75 for each zone and use the 2 LR Zone pre outs from the Denon? Or is there some other method I should consider?

Thanks for the help and tutelage!

[7.1 system => 7x RC80i, 1x Klipsch RW12D]

·
Registered
158 Posts
i just posted this in another thread a minute ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlgren  /t/1466110/any-alternatives-to-the-sonos-connect-amp/0_60#post_23161527

i just went thru this same dilemma in Jan when my 2 zone pioneer 1020k went belly up.

new 2 zone avr run 600 and up. i bought 2 harman kardon avr 1700 at bestbuy for 199 each.

i have 5.1 in the living room using one 1700 and a 2nd 1700 above it for use with the zone 2 on the porch and in my office.

i can play 2 separate sources or i pre-out to the 2nd amp and have the same music playing seamlessly in all rooms.

an alternative for zone 2 stereo is any cheap craigslist receiver. analog is all you need for 2 channel sound anyway

most affordable multi zone receivers have 2 powered zones and pre-outs for the 3rd zone.

i went with the multiple receivers because it was affordable and if i lose my main 5.1 in the living room i can just swap out receivers while it's being repaired.

i learned the hard way with 3 repairs on my pioneer 1020k in 18 mths

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlgren  /t/1466567/3-zone-amp-recomendation#post_23161568

i just posted this in another thread a minute ago

most affordable multi zone receivers have 2 powered zones and pre-outs for the 3rd zone.

i went with the multiple receivers because it was affordable and if i lose my main 5.1 in the living room i can just swap out receivers while it's being repaired.

i learned the hard way with 3 repairs on my pioneer 1020k in 18 mths

I don't think that will work in my case as I am going to run 7.1 in the main and as a result won't have any openings to power a second zone using the 3312ci alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1466567/3-zone-amp-recomendation#post_23161542

Buy one of these amps for each zone and you're good to go ....

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-Stereo-Power-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6

I was looking at that one too seems like it's a coin flip with:

http://www.amazon.com/Russound-X75-2-Channel-Source-Amplifier/dp/B003OAKADA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365038038&sr=8-1&keywords=x75

I guess I was just thinking that if I ever wanted to expand with another zone in the future I may want to spend a little extra money now and invest in a Multi zone amp now. At the same time I don't really want to spend 2K on one too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts