AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend with an install. He has about a 25 - 30 ft run from his wall mounted TV to a closet where his A/V equipment will be. He will have 4 devices in the closet.

He is going to buy the Monster AVL300 remote so that he can interface with the equipment through the wall into the closet.

1) Is it better to run four 30' cables from the TV to the closet or a single 30 ft into a switch? I was looking at the 4v1 monoprice switch.

2) Can the Monster AVL300 remote interface with the switch? The switch will be in the closet, so I assume that the remote that comes with the switch won't work as it is I/R.

For the cable, I was looking at the 30ft Blue Jeans Series-1 Belden Bonded and then four 3 footers inside the closet.

Any help and/or suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
1) The switch certainly is a simpler installation but be sure to test it before you install since HDMI switches are know to have handshake problems with certain setups. Unfortunately, it's generally not possible to predict which setup will give a problem.

2) Don't know if the Monster remote will work with the switch, but if it's universally programmable, it should.

The Beldon bonded cable is supposed to be one of the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts