AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the playstation store HD 300 trailer (looks really grainy btw) and have to say i haven't been this amped for a movie in ages. I noticed it's a WB picture though so i was curious on the odds of us getting this in a BD only format or total HD or wtf they're calling it.

If it hits theatres March 9, i'd assume a disc release around Sept maybe? I know they're due to be supporting total hd exclusively by the end of the year but this isn't quite the end of the year so it's not a lock. I ask because normally i'd be all over this like flies on ****, but i've told myself i won't buy any dual discs and will wait on those titles till one format kills the other (or until it looks like a total stalemate and i'm SoL
).

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Did anyone else find it interesting that WB, a neutral studio, has downloadable trailers on the PLAYSTATION store. I see a business relationship growing....

· Registered
593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0

Did anyone else find it interesting that WB, a neutral studio, has downloadable trailers on the PLAYSTATION store. I see a business relationship growing....

Not really... Fox and Lionsgate put up trailers on Xbox Live Marketplace quite often... doesn't mean anything.

· Registered
4,110 Posts
Why are you not going to buy any Total HD discs? We don't know what they are going to cost yet. You won't have a choice, just as with Fox/MGM's high priced catalog titles. People buy them, so why say no to Total HD? It could be a long time before it is reconfigured for one format.

LOTR will likely be Total HD. Are you going to pass on that?

· Registered
4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by MrHunt

Not really... Fox and Lionsgate put up trailers on Xbox Live Marketplace quite often... doesn't mean anything.

You are probably right, just thinking a loud...

· Registered
1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0

Warner Bros. has put their trailers on Xbox Live Marketplace also.

300 is on there to now that I think about it.

· Registered
949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/0

Why are you not going to buy any Total HD discs? We don't know what they are going to cost yet. You won't have a choice, just as with Fox/MGM's high priced catalog titles. People buy them, so why say no to Total HD? It could be a long time before it is reconfigured for one format.

I'm not going to buy any Total HD discs, and I do have a choice. I have a choice not to buy, and I won't.

· Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:

You have a choice when it comes to Fox / MGM and that's hunting for deals. They're always out there to be found. I haven't paid more than $30 for any movie period yet.

Why won't i buy Total HD discs? For the same reason i'm not a dual format supporter, i choose to try not to support formats i want to see die as much as possible. Your consumer dollars are the only vote you have heh. I chose BD (PS3 Trojan Horse indeed heh) but if it loses then so be it, i'll gladly go on to HD DVD. I'm only in this "format war" because i wanted the PS3 as a gaming machine (haha jokes on me for now). What i really want is for a unified effort put towards maturing and maximizing the potential of one format ASAP.

Oh and yes i'd pass on LoTR if it's on Total HD. Don't let my hype for 300 fool you, i dig epic action / adventure movies but more along the lines of Gladiator, Braveheart, etc. than stuff like LotR (not that they're bad films or anything).

Oooh and sex on wheels if it's july-august

· Registered
3,222 Posts

Quote:

Why are you not going to buy any Total HD discs?

I don't see the point in prolonging the war. As for the rental market, the rental stores are gonna have a hard time cleaning up the fingerprints on BOTH sides of the disc.

Quote:

Most probably, unless New Line maxes out on the 50GB capacity of the BD side.

fuad

· Registered
1,680 Posts
That is good news, I was just wondering when it was going to come out.

As for Total HD discs, I don't understand people's problems with them. They are a great idea, are both dual layered discs. The only issues I see are them being flippers and the packaging doesn't match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.