AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me decide which. I love all movies, and Im getting only 1 of them cuz of budget restraints, plus the shipping to the Philippines is great!

Story-wise, PQ, extras, and overall rewatchability. Given that I only saw each movie once, I need your opinion. I wont watch them again til in HD. lol

THANKS ahead!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
300 would be my choice because it everything that you are looking for. 3:10 to Yuma and Simpsons are good movies but not great.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
are you talking about the sd dvd version or blu ray disc version?

it depends who will be watching this movie back in the Philippines, for me I love them both but I will go with 300. 3:10 to yuma is 7.1 and it was great with my system.

Peter

saan ka sa Pilipinas..........

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutlian /forum/post/12883915

are you talking about the sd dvd version or blu ray disc version?

it depends who will be watching this movie back in the Philippines, for me I love them both but I will go with 300. 3:10 to yuma is 7.1 and it was great with my system.

Peter

saan ka sa Pilipinas..........

Blu-ray.

And Im from Cebu.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Personally I'd go with 3:10 to yuma. But either that or 300 would be great. the simpsons movie was a good laugh, but only a one time watch IMO

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I guess you guys are right. Either 300 or Yuma. I mean I had the chance to get SD DVD for the Simpsons but didnt. Shows how its really a one time watch(though I really LOVE the Simpsons)... I guess I just want it cuz many says its fantastic in HD.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
300 would be my choice. Great stylized violence without getting too campy. 3:10 to Yuma isn't bad, but I'm not sold that I need to have this on BD.

-Splints

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3:10 to Yuma vs. 300, which will wow guests? Cuz Im already getting some that will wow people of all ages(Pirates, Spidey)... I need one for adults. Something that will get their attention(story/plot wise) but at the same time, blow them away with HD.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery /forum/post/12884486

3:10 to Yuma vs. 300, which will wow guests? Cuz Im already getting some that will wow people of all ages(Pirates, Spidey)... I need one for adults. Something that will get their attention(story/plot wise) but at the same time, blow them away with HD.

3:10 then. 3:10 is a good plot with absolutely great PQ and jaw dropping 7.1 PCM AQ.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ Too bad I dont have 7.1. And I dont know crap about sound... all I use is 5.1 DVD player-based home theater... And PS3 to be connected to my A10 Sony HDTV.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery /forum/post/12884486

300 will not do that. A very stylized look that is definitely not for everyone.

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils /forum/post/12883861

300 would be my choice because it everything that you are looking for. 3:10 to Yuma and Simpsons are good movies but not great.

3:10 to Yuma is a MUCH better film then 300 and The Simpsons, and the extras in Yuma are just fantastic

·
Registered
222 Posts
Acting was top notch in 3:10. Christian Bale and Russell Crow? Classic. While I loved 300, IMO, 3:10 is a better choice..

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
3:10 to yuma was excellent IMO

·
Registered
784 Posts
Another vote for 3:10. It's a movie you can enjoy time and time again because of the acting. 300 was painful to watch and I never have seen what people see in the Simpsons.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts