AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all this trailer and movie are freaking awesome. I just wanted to post cuz i think it is pretty exciting that I can get HD trailers for new movies coming out. And its a good trailer like you would see in the theater not the chopped up TV ads. I hope they keep this content coming. I would love to watch the Transformers trailer or the new Fantastic Four trailer in HD.

I really do love this machine and cant wait for it to open up all its potential.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah, I was disappointed in the sound quality. Pic was gorgeous, though...

·
Registered
191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd /forum/post/0

How do I download these trailers and play them (store them) on my PS3 without buying QT pro?

Well I've never done it as I have a HTPC and that is what I use to store my multimedia. I always play them on that PC.

I guess there's got to be a program to convert the files to MPEG (PS3 supported file type)

Sorry can't help you there

·
Registered
121 Posts
Downloaded this trailer last night and all I can say is that it's SICK, SICK, SICK!!

Got me screaming "This is SPARTA!" all night long!

They seriously need to incorporate some DD sound into these trailers, though.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, plenty of CGI but still visually stunning to me. I'm just hoping the movie itself has a good story to go along with all the great visual effects....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its acomic book movie. Frank Miller. Im sure you know that but thats what the visual effects are trying to capture. I have heard they do use a lot of that fast/slow action effect as seen in the trailers. lots of good stuff on that movie over at chud.com

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm not too familiar with Frank Millers' work but from the looks of the trailer, this looks like a great movie..

I'm a big fan of the loosely-based-on-history, violent, war movie genre (BlackHawk Down, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, etc) so hopefully this movie is up to par... even though it's derived from a comic book.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_john /forum/post/0

Thanks for the link. I'm not too familiar with Frank Millers' work but from the looks of the trailer, this looks like a great movie..

I'm a big fan of the loosely-based-on-history, violent, war movie genre (BlackHawk Down, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, etc) so hopefully this movie is up to par... even though it's derived from a comic book.

If you want to get a little more familiar with his work just rent Sin City. An awesome movie and it's def. violent!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Probably falls in line with the "comic-book heritage"...but my *only* disappointment with the impending movie is that the 'background' seemed veeeeeeeery sparse (I was gonna say "sparta"
). But seriously, a LOT of 'dull-grey-blankness' all around very gorgeous CGI'd people. Kinda reminded me of a video game where the game developer was limited with RAM & just said "screw the background, let's focus the RAM & textures on the characters"

Is this impression shared by anyone else? Maybe I'm being too critical. Again, the *characters* were superb. Just seemed that one scene after another had *bleh* backgrounds going on.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngman /forum/post/0

Probably falls in line with the "comic-book heritage"...but my *only* disappointment with the impending movie is that the 'background' seemed veeeeeeeery sparse (I was gonna say "sparta"
). But seriously, a LOT of 'dull-grey-blankness' all around very gorgeous CGI'd people. Kinda reminded me of a video game where the game developer was limited with RAM & just said "screw the background, let's focus the RAM & textures on the characters"

Is this impression shared by anyone else? Maybe I'm being too critical. Again, the *characters* were superb. Just seemed that one scene after another had *bleh* backgrounds going on.

Don't judge the whole movie from a trailer created months before the movie is released. it could very well be that the scene you saw for a few seconds wasn't finished, or it could have been uncharacteristic of the rest of the movie. Something tells me there won't be giant expanses of unused screen in the final 2.35:1 picture.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrognomerical /forum/post/0

first of all this trailer and movie are freaking awesome. I just wanted to post cuz i think it is pretty exciting that I can get HD trailers for new movies coming out. And its a good trailer like you would see in the theater not the chopped up TV ads. I hope they keep this content coming. I would love to watch the Transformers trailer or the new Fantastic Four trailer in HD.

I really do love this machine and cant wait for it to open up all its potential.

Wow the PS3 is getting features the 360 has had!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.