AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
The story interests me; however, the trailers make the movie look a bit too "hip," which seems incongruous to the subject matter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
There's a reason it looks like it does; Frank Miller wrote "Sin City" and "300." They are both styled after the look of the graphic novels.

I'm very excited about this one, I just hope they don't actually overuse the slow-motion action scenes in the actual movie like they do in the trailer. Cheap way of making a 75 minute movie last two hours.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Looks like a new way to interpit LOTR. Small group of heros massively outnumbered by their rivals who seem to have a few mutated soldiers.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Frank Miller's story is based loosely on Thermopylae. Of course in his story there are non human creatures. I'm certainly looking forward to it. There should be some great scenes and a body count to die for (pun intended)

·
Registered
6,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/0

Gideon also conquered a colossal army with only 300 footmen.

Telling that story on film would not require the kind of CGI to be employed in this Frank Miller adaptation...

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/0

Gideon also conquered a colossal army with only 300 footmen.

What a coincidence...

This trailer looks like a comic book/graphic novel if there ever has been one.

CAN'T WAIT!

1 - 20 of 476 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.