AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say 3000 but that is the very max I will do. I am in Iraq working in support of US forces, I have a small hooch but I have a bigger Shop, I fix printers here and I have moved everything out of my hooch to my shop. The shop is about 80% weather proof, its just an old wooden shack, but when dust storms blow through I have to cover everything and get out. I have 32" 1080P 1920x1050 TV off brand cost me 300. I have 2 HDMI in. I have a Sony BDP-S580, and a beat up Logitech 560 for sound. Its OK I am in a shack but since I got my Blu-Ray player I had been thinking about improving this situation. Buying something I can take home with me and Expand on. So this was my idea if you have other suggestions please make them. I toyed with the idea HDIB and that might be better than the way I am starting out but in the end I think I will end up with a better system if I go with separates. I don't think I want to do 7.1 because I don't have that kind of room in my shop. I am working with an area about 18x12 feet. The shop is bigger than that but that is the area I can use to watch movies. To Start I think I want to buy:

Denon AVR 912 $550.00

Emotiva XPA3 $700.00

Emotiva X-Ref 10 $500

Emotiva (2) ERM6.2 $400 .... this $2150

and in Nov,add a pair Emotiva ERM 6.3 put the 6.3 as LF & RF and power them with the XPA3, run the Subwoofer off that also and let the Denon power the 6.2 speakers and use them as Side speakers.

After I am home which might be in 6 months add XPA 1 & XPA 2. Power the Subwoofer with the XPA 1 and add a pair ERT's 8.3 towers power those with the XPA 2 and use the ERM 6.3's as Rear speakers and (1)ERM 6.2 as a center speaker and power all of those with the XPA3, buy a pair of ERD 1's use those as side speakers and power them with the Denon, up grade my Blu-Ray player with Oppo-93 and all that would be over 7000 but here in the shop I am talking 2150 and that is very realistic. I could get more speakers for that money I could get a big HDIB system and that is what I was wondering is better just to go with Onkyo or something like that? I don't have to with all Emotiva stuff just that some of it is on sale and the power amps are not a bad price ... I mean if I had the money I would by McIntosh but I don't have that kind of money and these Emotiva products look nice and have very good reviews.

·
Registered
29,308 Posts
If you're looking to spend $3K post your question in the Speakers forum. You'll get better responses. Or the Amps & Receivers forum. People in the HTIB aren't looking to spend $3K on a setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.