Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just thought someone might like to know that ritzav is advertising a five year transferable warranty with the 300u. Hope this helps someone jump off the fence since it negates the warranty vs. the HS10.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was told that you have up to 9 months from your purchase date to take part of the offer. I for one, plan on purchasing the extended warranty. This is a long term investment for myself and seeing how expensive some of the hardware(power supply, fan,+ labor!!!) for it is I'll be glad to take the added insurance. Good job Clawdaddy, you are always making us feel protected with our purchases...Small things like this is what swayed me to purchase my 300 from RitzAv...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kong
I was told that you have up to 9 months from your purchase date to take part of the offer. I for one, plan on purchasing the extended warranty. This is a long term investment for myself and seeing how expensive some of the hardware(power supply, fan,+ labor!!!) for it is I'll be glad to take the added insurance. Good job Clawdaddy, you are always making us feel protected with our purchases...Small things like this is what swayed me to purchase my 300 from RitzAv...
I was told that you can purchase this warranty as long as the original warranty is still in effect, so for me that's another 10 months. The only risk in waiting is a possible price increase.

I'm still on the fence about whether it makes sense or not. What's the chance of it breaking? What's the chance of a repair being over $300? $400? $500? In 3-5 years, it's possible that a comparable projector might only cost $700-1000 brand new, or that $1500-2000 buys something comparable to today's $10k models.

On the other hand, a $300 warranty will give "peace of mind" that this projector will provide 5 years of useful service with nothing more than a bulb replacement (or two :)). And the 300 has a nice enough picture that I could be happy with it for many years without an upgrade.

Still thinking...

Richard

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I say save the money. Even if you need to buy a new pj at the same price, that's 16% right there. And you're right, an equivalent pj would likely be cheaper by then, or a better pj would be about the same. I say put the $300 in the upgrade account. I definitely wouldn't buy it until the 11th hour if I was going to. By then you'd have a better feel about what's coming or what you might want. I'd hate to spend the money on the warranty planning to keep it forever and then they come out with super double dog pj that you just have to have for cheap. It could happen.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I won't be going with an extended warranty on mine. These things are quite portable and can be shipped around if a repair is called for - unlike the 300lb rptv beasts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Remember, you can get an extra year for free by using your American Express and I believe some other credit cards. There was a thread about this a few weeks ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.